title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of track echo... Is this a known bug?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: End of track echo... Is this a known bug?

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Well, my AIFFs are filed by "artist name" & then "album name" folders in a hierarchy that's identical to my iTunes library. Is it a simple process to select all of those folders & batch convert to a corresponding set of folders? Is dbpa clever enough to know which folders these would be or to create them, or would it just put the MP3s alongside the AIFFs & I'd have to move them all manually?
    Yes, DBPA is smart enough to automatically create all the folders and subfolders. This is all set in the dynamic naming settings in the converter. I am not in front of computer, but there are settings in dynamic naming that simply duplicate the same folder and naming as your AIFF. All you need to change is what you point to as the parent directory.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry, that was a bit of a rubbish reply.

The folders containing the MP3s converted from AIFFs basically get added to my iTunes library & sit alongside all the other folders that have no lossless original.

My current "project" is to create lossless rips of all my Rush CDs, convert them to 320bit MP3s & replace the existing set of 192bit Rush albums in my iTunes library that I ripped directly from the CDs some years ago.

I basically plan on doing this with all my CDs, but the 320 MP3s will ultimately sit alongside all the folders of music that I downloaded & for which there is no lossless original. I then sync selectively with my iPhone for music on the go.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yes, DBPA is smart enough to automatically create all the folders and subfolders. This is all set in the dynamic naming settings in the converter. I am not in front of computer, but there are settings in dynamic naming that simply duplicate the same folder and naming as your AIFF. All you need to change is what you point to as the parent directory.

Excellent, thanks. I'll try that later! (Obviously to a different directory & then I can move them afterwards.)
    Last edited by snowdog; 08-28-2019 at 10:25 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    ... and I definitely would NOT output to a folder monitored by other 3rd party software. This is asking for trouble and may well be the cause of your issue.
    Neither to a cloud storage, nor to an iTunes folder, while iTunes is up and running.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Noted!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So this is interesting... And by "interesting" I mean completely effing infuriating...

I remade all my MP3s away from any synchronising, dropbox, iTunes etc. They now seem to all be perfect. I mean, I haven't sampled all of them, but a random sample from each album didn't show any of the "echo" problems I was having (& when it was happening before it was happening on every track of an affected album).

Now, I import the MP3s into iTunes, start playing the tracks back to check them & lo & behold iTunes is skipping a random amount like 1:09 or 46 seconds at the end & just moving on to the next track. And these tracks play perfectly well in the finder. There is nothing wrong with them.

I'm cursed.

I've never had ANY problems with ripping & playback in all the years I've been using iTunes, even for most of the time I'm been using dbpa. And that's with Dropbox running & everything. No problems at all. Suddenly, nothing works.

I'm completely at a loss.

dBpoweramp Guru

what happens if you play them via something like foobar2000 or some other player?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well, I'm on a Mac, so it wouldn't be foobar2000, but the tracks all play perfectly in VLC & Quickltime & also in the finder, so I was convinced they were not the problem.

I started reading up on others who's experienced this problem - which appears to be a bug in iTunes - & seem to have found a workaround.

And I've dragged this thread way off-topic, so I'll just say that shutting down everything that actively synced whilst I was converting from AIFF to MP3 seems to have resulted in a clean set of MP3s. Which makes me a very happy bunny. For a change.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    Well, I'm on a Mac, so it wouldn't be foobar2000, but the tracks all play perfectly in VLC & Quickltime & also in the finder, so I was convinced they were not the problem.

I started reading up on others who's experienced this problem - which appears to be a bug in iTunes - & seem to have found a workaround.

And I've dragged this thread way off-topic, so I'll just say that shutting down everything that actively synced whilst I was converting from AIFF to MP3 seems to have resulted in a clean set of MP3s. Which makes me a very happy bunny. For a change.
    got it. Thanks for following up.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Please can you supply more information on your system e.g. platform/OS, dBpoweramp version, ALL mp3 conversion settings?
    Also, I forgot to follow up on the above.

Here are some screenshots.

My system:

Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.53.46.png

My dbPa version:

Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.51.26.jpg

My conversion set-up. (I've never been into the "advanced" menu, so I assume it's set to the defaults.)

Screenshot 2019-08-31 21.40.03.jpg
    Last edited by snowdog; 08-31-2019 at 04:54 PM.