title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: BPM and Track Volume tags missing

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

BPM and Track Volume tags missing

Hello, I'm having to go back into converted files (mp3 or flac to mp3) and add back in track volume via MediaMonkey and BPM using Mixmeister. Granted mixmeister only does mp3 for BPM but seems like more are missing. How can I make sure that the BPM and track volume that is there is carried over through the conversion? I did check into the Preserve Source Attributes DSP btut didnt seem to appear there. I'll add that I am using ReplayGain for track so still not exactly sure what that does outside of what I've specified for track gain and track peak gain. Is that the same as track volume as MediaMonkey understands it?

Thx all!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: BPM and Track Volume tags missing

Quote Originally Posted by badelman View Post
    Hello, I'm having to go back into converted files (mp3 or flac to mp3) and add back in track volume via MediaMonkey and BPM using Mixmeister. Granted mixmeister only does mp3 for BPM but seems like more are missing. How can I make sure that the BPM and track volume that is there is carried over through the conversion? I did check into the Preserve Source Attributes DSP btut didnt seem to appear there. I'll add that I am using ReplayGain for track so still not exactly sure what that does outside of what I've specified for track gain and track peak gain. Is that the same as track volume as MediaMonkey understands it?

Thx all!
    Any suggestions? Thx!

Administrator

Replaygain is removed on any conversion, if you want it you should use the DSP effect 'Replaygain'.

The BPM, try right clicking on one of the created files >> Edit ID Tags

perhaps it has moved to a different tag?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thx for the solution to try on BPM. I am a little confused on your Replaygain response. IF replagain iinfo is removed but I have the DSP in place to calculate it and add to tag.. you're saying it doesn't work?

Administrator

I can see on your other thread you are asking about Volume Normalize, it would be this one which is needed, once the audio is change you do not want any replaygain ID Tags.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I can see on your other thread you are asking about Volume Normalize, it would be this one which is needed, once the audio is change you do not want any replaygain ID Tags.
    So don't use track or album replay gain IF I've normalized the volume. Correct?