title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Had To Replace PC Due to Hard Drive and Mobo Failure - How To Reinstall DB Poweramp?

Had To Replace PC Due to Hard Drive and Mobo Failure - How To Reinstall DB Poweramp?

As the title notes, I recently built a new pc to replace my existing one which had both a motherboard and hard drive failure.I went to rip a few new cd's today, and realized that my DB Poweramp software doesn't exist on this pc. I've looked everywhere for software on DVD and cannot find it. However, I also just realized that my new pc has no dvd or optical drives at all, so it wouldn't help anyway.I could be remembering this wrong, but I "thought" the software was sent to me via e-mail when I purchased it originally (its been a few years. Searching my e-mail for DB Poweramp or even Illustrate has not found anything.At this point, I have no idea what to do and am still left with about 1500 more cd's to rip.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Had To Replace PC Due to Hard Drive and Mobo Failure - How To Reinstall DB Powera

With your bill you have received an order number by mail. With this order number you can download your registrated version of dBpa. So with this mail you have lost your order number. Only Spoon can help you.

Dat Ei

Administrator

Re: Had To Replace PC Due to Hard Drive and Mobo Failure - How To Reinstall DB Powera

Lost your order number? visit: https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Lost your order number? visit: https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/lostorder.aspx
    Thank you, all set, and I also ordered the upgrade.

Thanks Spoon. I was able to recover my order number, and also ordered the upgraded. All set now, but I have one more question. Previously, I had the "naming" set to [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][] - [album]\[artist] - [album] - [track] - [title]

The window in the new version will not let me paste this in, and clearly, I want to duplicate how I had it set for the first 2000 cd's I ripped. How do I address this? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

This naming is still possible. Just choose "Edit Dynamic Naming" in the drop down box named "Output To" (see settings).

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    This naming is still possible. Just choose "Edit Dynamic Naming" in the drop down box named "Output To" (see settings).

Dat Ei
    Thanks but I'm unable to find anything like that in "advanced settings" which is all I can see in the DB PowerAmp control Center, or in the settings icon on the cd ripping screen. I don't see "output to" anywhere also. I would appreciate any clarification, as I'm unable to use the program until I can get this addressed. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Thanks but I'm unable to find anything like that in "advanced settings" which is all I can see in the DB PowerAmp control Center, or in the settings icon on the cd ripping screen. I don't see "output to" anywhere also. I would appreciate any clarification, as I'm unable to use the program until I can get this addressed. Thanks.
    I think Dat Ei was referring to the same thing in Music Converter (which you can only access once you have selected files). In CD Ripper it's the Naming field - see pic:

Capture.JPG

Thanks Timster, I have that handled thanks to your explanation.

Now I suddenly have a new problem. The program now says that it can find no cd drive? My drive is powered up, and opens and closes. I've rebooted CD Ripper several times. I never had a single problem until I upgraded and now, nothing seems to be working right?

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you see your CD drive in Windows File Explorer (You are on Windows, aren't you?)? Did you reinstall dBpa from the scratch? Did you configure dBpa and especially CD Ripper?

Dat Ei

For no reason I can see, when I tried things earlier today, suddenly, the program now sees the cd drive. No idea why, but I'll take it. All is well now, and working. Thanks to everyone for their assistance.