title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting More Files Than Selected

Question Converting More Files Than Selected

Anyone experienced this before? I've been re-building my music files and converting a lot of files recently,FLAC to ALAC and vice versa, and all was running well; my Mac crashed while working in Excel and after the restart dbpoweramp started to convert files I hadn't selected as well as those I had - for example, selected 2 files to convert and progress dialogue reported "converting 1 of 29 files". Initially I was running v16 but phenomenon remained after upgrade to 16.5 and after a computer restart. Dbpoweramp is running on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.14.5, the FLAC library is on a dedicated music server and the ALAC files are on a QNAP NAS.

Administrator

Re: Converting More Files Than Selected

If you start a new conversion it converts more than asked?

Yes. Observing the behaviour more closely I noted this happens if I highlight the folder the files are in and use Command A to select all files but not if I highlight the first file in the list and use Shift click to highlight all files. All the files I've selected are added to the conversion list plus all the files from a seemingly unconnected additional folder - for example, I selected all the files in 'Bob Dylan' and found the list also contained all the files in 'Jimi Hendrix'

Super Moderator

Problem noted, thanks for reporting. A fix is on its way.

Super Moderator

I can't seem to recreate the bug.
    Can you please record a video of the problem and post it?
    Mac OS lets you record a video using shift+cmd+5 keyboard combo.