title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help with copy protected CD rip results

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Help with copy protected CD rip results

Hi all.

So below is my result when ripping the Kraftwerk Tour De France Soundtracks album.

It has copy protection on the disc & I'm wondering whether the green ticks & green "I"s should be taken at face value, as in the help notes, or whether these are a by-product of the copy protection.

Is there anything I can do about getting a better rip?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-08-05 23.06.44 copy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Help with copy protected CD rip results

Your results suggest you likely did get a good rip. Secure or secure with "i" showing it had to reread some frames. I suspect if you play these files, they will not have any problems.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm with garym here. For a copy-protected CD, I'd say you have a pretty good result.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ah, well that's good to know.

It's just that I was confused by the help notes that has a Red X, AR(12), a green "i" & then: "Your ripping result disagrees with 12 other peoples rips, the green i indicates that frames had to be re-ripped, possibly an undetected error has slipped through. If all tracks except one have an AccurateRip verification, and the confidence (number shown in brackets) is more than one, it is likely your rip has errors."

Mine is obviously lacking the red X so maybe that's what makes the difference.

Thanks for the replies.

On a related note, when I put the CD in my external drive, it shows up on my Mac's desktop & I can just drag the AIFF files off of the disc. Is that also a viable way of getting a set of AIFFs?