title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ripping error every single time using dbpoweramp batch ripper...help, please!

Unhappy ripping error every single time using dbpoweramp batch ripper...help, please!

hi. i have a problem of not being able to rip cds with my dbpoweramp batch ripper software.

i am using a dedicated windows 7 computer (dell inspiron laptop), an acronova nimbie usb plus disc autoloader, and the dbpoweramp batch ripper (which i purchased) for ripping my large cd collection. i connected everything, installed/updated all drivers (currently batch ripper r3 and nimbie batch ripper driver v6), and it worked fine the first time i used it.

then i had to disconnect it all to move it to another room in my home, and now i cannot rip a single cd; every single time i get an error message simply saying "ripping error".

step by step, it shows: "loading the cd", then "post-load waiting for cd", then "retrieving meta data", then "ripping track 1 of 10" [for example], but then when the ripping gets to the last (or sometimes next to last) song, the "ripping error" message appears and the cd is rejected by the nimbie.

i have reinstalled dbpoweramp and the drivers, made sure all software (incl the computer operating system) is up to date, and confirmed that i have tons of memory available. but i can't get it to work.

any suggestions?

thanks a million!
    Last edited by drewedwards; 08-05-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Administrator

Re: ripping error every single time using dbpoweramp batch ripper...help, please!

In batch ripper on the disc after ripping right click on the title >> Show Error and Information

what errors are shown?

Re: ripping error every single time using dbpoweramp batch ripper...help, please!

hi spoon. thanks very much for the prompt response. here is the error info you requested:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\01 Jimmy Cliff - Hitting With Music.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\01 Jimmy Cliff - Hitting With Music._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\02 Jimmy Cliff - American Sweet.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\02 Jimmy Cliff - American Sweet._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\03 Jimmy Cliff - Arrival.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\03 Jimmy Cliff - Arrival._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\04 Jimmy Cliff - Brown Eyes.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\04 Jimmy Cliff - Brown Eyes._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\05 Jimmy Cliff - Reggae Street.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\05 Jimmy Cliff - Reggae Street._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\06 Jimmy Cliff - Hot Shot.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\06 Jimmy Cliff - Hot Shot._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\07 Jimmy Cliff - Sunrise.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\07 Jimmy Cliff - Sunrise._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\08 Jimmy Cliff - Dead And Awake.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\08 Jimmy Cliff - Dead And Awake._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\09 Jimmy Cliff - Now And Forever.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\09 Jimmy Cliff - Now And Forever._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\10 Jimmy Cliff - Nuclear War.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\rips\Jimmy Cliff\Cliff Hanger\10 Jimmy Cliff - Nuclear War._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

BY THE WAY: i failed to mention that i am trying to rip all this music to an external hard drive that has been newly formatted. i only mention this because i failed to mention that detail in my original description of the set-up.

thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Can you navigate and write to the Z: drive, in Windows File Explorer?

dBpoweramp Guru

Try to rip directly to the final file names (see CD Ripper options).

Dat Ei

Administrator

Yes check drive Z exists and you can create files on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Try to rip directly to the final file names (see CD Ripper options).

Dat Ei
    Thanks Dat Ei. I did what you suggested, and on ripping the first disc with this setting, it got stuck on song number 13 of 18 for over 10 minutes...

Administrator

Rip to drive C

if ripping to a network, it is this which is failing.