title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Five short-answer questions by inexperienced member

Question Five short-answer questions by inexperienced member

I have a few simple (I think) questions, so I thought I'd ask them all here. (I have had NO experience ripping CDs, as you will be able to tell from the questions.)

1. Can dbpoweramp + Perfect Tunes combine (merge) mp3 files? For example, three separate movements of a work?

2. If I have dbpoweramp + Perfect Tunes, I would still need something like Foobar as a "player," correct?

3. I have a desktop, Win 10, age 10 years, with CD player, and plenty of disc space. Is this minimally enough to begin ripping?

4. If I wanted to save multiple ripped music files to a flash drive, can dbpoweramp + Perfect Tunes help me do this? (For example, select files and save to device.)

5. If metadata are used by a player (car audio, home audio, etc.) to control the track sequence from a device (e.g., flash drive), dbpoweramp will allow me to customize the metadata so that I can play tracks in whatever order I choose. Is that correct?

Thanks, guys. Just 'yes' or 'no' or 'maybe' would be helpful because I wouldn't be able to comprehend any sort of explanation at this point.

Administrator

Re: Five short-answer questions by inexperienced member

1. Sorry no
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Your Windows File Explorer can do this, if it is regular then look at TuneFUSION, it is set and forget and you plug your flash drive in and it syncs:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

5. Yes, be aware some car systems use the order the files are written and not filenames, or metadata, TuneFUSION can help you there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. Sorry no
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Your Windows File Explorer can do this, if it is regular then look at TuneFUSION, it is set and forget and you plug your flash drive in and it syncs:

5. Yes, be aware some car systems use the order the files are written and not filenames, or metadata, TuneFUSION can help you there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. Sorry no
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

OK, that helps a lot. Thanks!