title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: iOS version rips to "document"

Question iOS version rips to "document"

I have a lifetime subscription that has been working fine on my Mac for a few months now. Yesterday dBpoweramp indicated that it was ripping properly, labeling tracks as "Accurate" as usual, but when I looked at the results, the format said "document" and was not readable. I reinstalled dBpoweramp, but same problem. I tried ripping a CD on a different, earlier Mac with an earlier version of dBpoweramp, and had the same results--format indicated "document"

It appears that the iOS version is corrupted. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: iOS version rips to "document"

It would not install if corrupted as the install is signed.

Can you upload one of the 'document' files to dropbox or similar and provide a link by personal mail please on this forum.

Thank you for your reply, Spoon. No need to upload a file, as I did further exploration by ripping a whole disk instead of panicking with what I saw with the data for the first track or two. What I saw was that dBpoweramp indicated that the "Kind" of file was "Document" for each and every track until the last track was ripped. Then, Voila! In less than a second the "Kind" of file was shown as "Waveform Audio" and the previously truncated track information was now complete with the .wav extension. Has it always been this way? Just curious.

Thanks again.

Administrator

It rips to temporary files then renames them at the end.