title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Novice with dumb question

  1. #1

    Novice with dumb question

    I know nothing about how to play music from a USB flash drive. I have both music and the program installed on the usb but cannot get it to play in my car. My car doesn't even see it. What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: Novice with dumb question

    Quote Originally Posted by meancloser View Post
    I know nothing about how to play music from a USB flash drive. I have both music and the program installed on the usb but cannot get it to play in my car. My car doesn't even see it. What am I doing wrong?
    PerfectTunes is not a player. Does your car player handle playing songs from a usb drive? Some do. Are you sure the files are on your usb drive. What “program” are you referring to as being installed on the drive.

  3. #3

    Re: Novice with dumb question

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    PerfectTunes is not a player. Does your car player handle playing songs from a usb drive? Some do. Are you sure the files are on your usb drive. What “program” are you referring to as being installed on the drive.
    My car plays from my iphone. The program is PerfectTunes. I have never played music from my usb unless it was on an ipad or an iphone I was following the instructions from a web page after googling "how can I listen to my music from a usb"

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: Novice with dumb question

    Quote Originally Posted by meancloser View Post
    My car plays from my iphone. The program is PerfectTunes. I have never played music from my usb unless it was on an ipad or an iphone I was following the instructions from a web page after googling "how can I listen to my music from a usb"
    Ok. But I'm still confused. Many cars can play from an attached iphone, but in that case the music would be on the iphone (one would use itunes to transfer the music files from your computer running itunes to your iphone...then the music player on the iphone would play through your car system).

    But in your case, you're not transferring the files to your iphone. You're putting them on a USB drive. And this drive is not attached to your iphone. I assume you're attaching the USB drive to a slot built into your car. And in this case, it would be your car's built in audio player that would recognize the files on the USB drive and play them (not the iphone). You need to look at the documentation for your car's audio system to see if it plays music from an attached USB drive. Not all do. Sometimes the USB slot in a car is to allow one to "charge" devices via a USB connection.

    You should delete PerfectTunes from the USB drive. It is not doing anything. It is not a player. You only need PerfectTunes on the computer where you are ripping/converting/editing your music files.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •