title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD won't rip

CD won't rip

I have tried ripping Crown Classics CD CRCC-8003-4 and get conflicting results. Please look at 2 screen shots. The first one shows the error message which showed up when the first CD failed to rip - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x5u1rgsv5...47.53.png?dl=0 . A few minutes later the screen switched to what looks like a successful rip - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpnmmbused...45.16.png?dl=0 . But the CD did not get ripped to my NAS drive. I also tried ripping it in JRiver Media Center 25 and in iTunes on a PC. It also failed to rip in both apps. But last week I successfully ripped it to iTunes in a friend's MacBook Pro. But I can't use that to get the files to my NAS as my friend who lives on the other side of the country from me. Does anyone understand the error message info in such a way that I can correct something to get the CDs to rip in dBpoweramp? Thank you in advance.

Administrator

Re: CD won't rip

Try ripping it to your local computer first, then manually copy the files to the NAS. There is potentially something in the file name which the NAS does not like, such as '.' in the middle or filename too long for the nas to handle.

Ripping first to computer and then copying to NAS worked. Thank you! Having read a few more threads dealing with the same/similar issues, I also tried using the Apple Superdrive instead of the one in my computer. That didn't work directly to the NAS either, but also worked to the computer. Since I didn't see '' in the file name, I guess it is a matter of too long file names. Here is a sample file name from the problem CD: 05_Partita No. 1 in B minor, BWV.1002 I. Allemande_Bach; CD 1 Complete Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin_Bach.flac . Everything after Allemande_ is the composer's name followed by the disc name. It seems to me unnecessary to include all the latter info in a track name. Well, perhaps the composer is good on a disc of mixed composers, but certainly not the disc title. Do you agree? I just checked a few other tracks in my library and they all have these long track names. Did I set up something wrong in CD Ripper when I first started using it?

dBpoweramp Guru

Just edit your naming string. It's in your hands whta the naming looks like.

Just to give you an idea. This is my naming string:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

Dat Ei