title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dartagnan Cannot Find Meta-Data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubunonymount
    • Jul 2019

Dartagnan Cannot Find Meta-Data

Hallo,

I would like to have a premium tool for CD ripping with all meta-data and coverart.
    I did some research and found dbpoweramp as one of the best tools out there.
    So I said to me, 60$ is much, but it's worth, if it really is a very premium tool. So I bought it.

Unfortunately I'm kinda disappointed.
    I have this double CD album: https://www.discogs.com/dArtagnan-Se...elease/9826328
    The first CD is being recognised by cdripper. But the second is not.
    Nothing, not freedb, not GD3, nor discogs. How is it possible? You see the Link above, so it exists in discogs-db.
    Why does dbpoweramp not recognising any meta file of this disc???

I tried it with freeware Windows Media Player and it recognises metadata instantly. Why doesn't poweramp find it???
    And on discogs there is a release number. I tried to apply the release number manually to cdripper but.... there is nothing for input the release number??????
    I can't do a manual lookup on discogs....What the heck is that!?

I'm very disappointed by this piece of software.
    This software is not 60$ worth, if it doesn't find the metadata... I mean, this music album is not any noname artist.
    This is one of the Charts of german popmusic.... why doesn't this software finds it?!
    even WindowsMP finds the right data and discogs has also the right data in its db!
    (even !WindowsMP! finds it and I mean WMP is anyway a crap piece of software)??

Please help me to get this done.
    Otherwise I feel compelled to reclaim my money.
    Thank you :/

ubunonymount@yahoo.de
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dartagnan Cannot Find Meta-Data

You know there are some 4 million unique CDs in existence? there will be discs that dBpoweramp can read metadata for and Windows Media Player cannot, and the other way around.

Microsoft use their own database which is unavailable to other companies.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

I've ripped many thousands of CDs with dbpa. It finds the metadata about 99% of the time. When it doesn't, I enter it manually before starting the ripping.

Comment

• timster67
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2014

You could always run the ripped files through something like mp3Tag to re-tag from any database you choose (I believe).

Comment

• artisan002
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2015

Originally posted by ubunonymount
          Hallo,

I would like to have a premium tool for CD ripping with all meta-data and coverart.
          I did some research and found dbpoweramp as one of the best tools out there.
          So I said to me, 60$ is much, but it's worth, if it really is a very premium tool. So I bought it.

Unfortunately I'm kinda disappointed.
          I have this double CD album: https://www.discogs.com/dArtagnan-Se...elease/9826328
          The first CD is being recognised by cdripper. But the second is not.
          Nothing, not freedb, not GD3, nor discogs. How is it possible? You see the Link above, so it exists in discogs-db.
          Why does dbpoweramp not recognising any meta file of this disc???

I tried it with freeware Windows Media Player and it recognises metadata instantly. Why doesn't poweramp find it???
          And on discogs there is a release number. I tried to apply the release number manually to cdripper but.... there is nothing for input the release number??????
          I can't do a manual lookup on discogs....What the heck is that!?

I'm very disappointed by this piece of software.
          This software is not 60$ worth, if it doesn't find the metadata... I mean, this music album is not any noname artist.
          This is one of the Charts of german popmusic.... why doesn't this software finds it?!
          even WindowsMP finds the right data and discogs has also the right data in its db!
          (even !WindowsMP! finds it and I mean WMP is anyway a crap piece of software)??

Please help me to get this done.
          Otherwise I feel compelled to reclaim my money.
          Thank you :/

ubunonymount@yahoo.de

Hold on... You're mad because one disc didn't turn up for metadata autofill?
          Did you look at the Active Providers list to see that there was a check mark next to Discogs? Because, if not, that would be the key reason why that failed to populate. Now, if it there already is a check mark, then that'd likely be a failure on the part of Discogs. After all, dBpoweramp can only autofill with what information the providers send.

Comment

• ubunonymount
            • Jul 2019

Thanks for reply.
            I found a workaround. I just need to select "Retrieve Metadata From CD-Text". Now it gets useful data.
            But I still need to set album coverart manually.

Comment

Working...

]]>