title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error unable to open File

Error unable to open File

Getting the following errors when attempting to rip to network drive:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\01 - Debora.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\01 - Debora._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\02 - One Inch Rock.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\02 - One Inch Rock._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\03 - King Of The Rumbling Spires.flac'
    Error unable to open File '\\Homeserver\n\media\music\Marc Bolan\20th Century Boy; The Ultimate Collection\03 - King Of The Rumbling Spires._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Etc. Closing the program and restarting it makes it work again.

Version is 16.6 64-bit Windows. PC is Windows 10, server is Windows 10 file sharing.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Error unable to open File

… and you can write to the network share from File Explorer?

Yes, can write to the share/folder from file Explorer, other programs.

P.S. Restarting CD Ripper makes it work fine, no other changes.

dBpoweramp Guru

If the error reoccures you can try to disable writing to temporary files ("._").

Dat Ei

Administrator

This option is in CD Ripper >> Green options button >> CD Ripper options

I am having similar problems and followed instructions but couldn't find "Disable writing to temporary files" where you said it would be. If you let me know where to find the version of my dBpoweramp I will let you know which it is. I posted a new thread about this with more information 2 days ago, but it still hasn't appeared. I now have still more information, but am waiting for my thread to appear since I don't want to intrude on rn701's conversation.

dBpoweramp Guru

Start the control center of dBpa where you can find the version of your installation.

Dat Ei

Thank you. It was v. 16.4 and I just updated it to 16.6. PC OS is Windows 7 Pro. But I still can't find "Disable writing to temporary files". I read some other threads dealing with these issues and I will also try a different CD drive tomorrow.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is as easy as Spoon has written.

See CD Ripper >> Green options button >> CD Ripper options >> Tags & Filenames >> When Ripping

Change from "Rip to "._" file, rename album at end" to "Rip direct to final filenames".

Dat Ei