title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi Encoder won't allow 2 destination folders

Multi Encoder won't allow 2 destination folders

Trying to rip discs to FLAC and mp3. The Multi Encoder is set to output to Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename. I set the output for FLAC to Music\FLAC backup\. Then I set the output for mp3 to Music\mp3 backup. However, when I do this, it also changes the output for FLAC to Music/mp3. Then both sets of files end up in the same folder. Am I missing something obvious? How do I get separate destination folders?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi Encoder won't allow 2 destination folders

For each Encoder listed in the Encoder tab, click settings and edit the Output To dropdown box.

Thanks for writing! Yes, this is what I did--it's what I meant when I said "The Multi Encoder is set to output to Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename." I can't edit the dropdown box--I can only choose from the options it gives me. If I choose "Existing Source Folder", then Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename for both FLAC and mp3, both sets of files go into either the FLAC folder or the mp3 folder, whichever one I set most recently. If I choose "Preserve Source Path", then it creates a new folder, This PC\Music\mp3 backup\Users\myname\Music\FLAC backup\Artist\Album. Yikes. Does that make sense?
    Last edited by CBP; 07-20-2019 at 12:32 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CBP View Post
    "The Multi Encoder is set to output to Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename." I can't edit the dropdown box--I can only choose from the options it gives me.
    Yes, that is correct. You select the option you want from the Dropdown box.

If I choose "Existing Source Folder(s)", then Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename for both FLAC and mp3, both sets of files go into either the FLAC folder or the mp3 folder, whichever one I set most recently. Does that make sense?
    No, it does not make sense as there are no Existing Source Folder(s), as you are ripping a CD.

For each encoder (flac and mp3), select the Edit Dynamic Naming option to open the dBpoweramp: Dynamic Naming window. Next, configure the Base Location and the Dynamic Naming options (there are examples available for Dynamic Naming).

If you need more help, please can you post your desired Filepath\Filename destination locations for both flac and mp3?

I've got it now. I did not understand that I still had to edit the dynamic naming in the Multi Encoder Settings after already having set a path in the lower left pane. Thanks for your time.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've got it now. I did not understand that I still had to edit the dynamic naming in the Multi Encoder Settings after already having set a path in the lower left pane.
    It's a common mistake users make, when selecting Multi Encoder.

It would make sense for Spoon to hide the Path and Naming text boxes from the CD Ripper gui, when Multi Encoder is selected.