title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Naming "composer" prior to title

Naming "composer" prior to title

Hi
    I would like to have the name of all composer at the beginning of each piece of music. (yes classical only for me)
    I understand I can click the Read metadata and add for instance "Albinoni" prior to each tract, but if there are 30 of them it becomes tedious.

Is there a way to have the name of the composer prior to read each title? for instance: Albinoni: sonata *27 opus 6 ...etc

thx

DeleterMann

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Naming "composer" prior to title

Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    I would like to have the name of all composer at the beginning of each piece of music. (yes classical only for me)
    I understand I can click the Read metadata and add for instance "Albinoni" prior to each tract, but if there are 30 of them it becomes tedious.

Is there a way to have the name of the composer prior to read each title? for instance: Albinoni: sonata *27 opus 6 ...etc
    To confirm, do you want the above reflected in the Title tag OR the filename OR both?

both.

ALSO:
    How do I sent the ripped music to an external drive for a permanent compilation of all my music?

1- I want to make a complete list of music and music itself of all my CD on an external drive. I desire the classification to be for instance as this:
    Albinoni sonata
    Albinoni: concertos
    Albinoni: cantatas
    Bach: sonata *1
    bach: sonata *2 (etc.)
    Bach: cantata *1
    Bach: cantata *2
    Bach: concerto in D
    Bach: concerto in F..........and so on. If someone ask me : Do you have BAch's cantata *3 all I have to do is open my external hard drive and go down the classification to Bach, then go down to Cantata and find if the *3 is there.(of course I could look into itunes, but I may just have my external drive with me)
    2-I also wish that itunes would import new ripped CD with the name of the composer at the beginning of each music piece title. How can i have itunes import ripped CD with each music piece title preceded by the composer's name. example: Bach concerto in D bwv 145 allegro, the next one in the list would be Bach concerto in D bwv 145 andante..... and so on.
    thank you for your dedicated time and patience.
    DeleterMann

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    both.
    I have never used the Apple version, but assuming it works the same as the Windows version, you can use the ID Tag Processing DSP and under Rule Based Manipulation, add the following:
    IF Title=[anyvalue]
    SET Title=[tag]Composer[]: [tag]Title[]

I'm not sure whether you can use the colon character in Apple File System filenames, but if not, you can set the CD Ripper Filename Restricted Characters option to circumvent any filename issues.
    Last edited by mville; 07-20-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Could there be a beginner course about all this starting well?

Certainly I would pay, and certainly it would be easy to set up with all the tech of today.

You know someone that would be willing to take us by the hand a little :-) and show us as a classroom how to start all this.

dBpoweramp Guru

Again, what is it you do not understand?