title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Lossless to Lossless Conversion - Do I need any DSP Effects or anything else set

Lossless to Lossless Conversion - Do I need any DSP Effects or anything else set

I hope the answer is no. From reading thru the 'help' section it appears to do any lossless type conversions from different formats I should not have to really set any dsp effects.

Specifically, when doing FLAC to ALAC, to maintain "Redbook" type integrity of the initial format, should be a straight forward conversion, with no need to set any DSP type valuse?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Lossless to Lossless Conversion - Do I need any DSP Effects or anything else set

Hey Scott,

Quote Originally Posted by sjf99 View Post
    Specifically, when doing FLAC to ALAC, to maintain "Redbook" type integrity of the initial format, should be a straight forward conversion, with no need to set any DSP type valuse?
    there is absolutely no need for any DSPs. Once you have ripped the CD without errors to a lossless codec you can convert back and forth between loessless codecs without any impact on the quality of the audio data. The only difference that can occure is the handling of the tagging and meta data.

Dat Ei

Re: Lossless to Lossless Conversion - Do I need any DSP Effects or anything else set

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Scott,

there is absolutely no need for any DSPs. Once you have ripped the CD without errors to a lossless codec you can convert back and forth between loessless codecs without any impact on the quality of the audio data. The only difference that can occure is the handling of the tagging and meta data.

Dat Ei

Thank You!