title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: What is the right way to start?

  1. #16
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: What is the right way to start?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    Hey... I saved on my external drive under a folder called: DBPowerAmp. The music saved is called: Albinoni/cantata/title/conductor.m4a. (12 of them) I did not create a folder called Albinoni.
    Q; IF I create a folder called albinoni in DBPowerAmp folder, and move the music from DBPowerAmp folder, to Albinoni folder is that going to "Fup" the DBP application?
    Is Albioni the composer or performer? This was likely created automatically from your dynamic name settings. How do you *want* your files organized, and what does your current dynamic naming setting look like (lower left of ripper scureen, row under Path called "Naming" click on SET and post the code here.* Post your desired organization and then your current setting and we can help you with that. And you can move the files around after ripping in any way you want (change the names, move to different folders, etc.) and this won't affect the content of the files.

    *here's an example of mine. (but this is certainly not good for classical).
    [MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

  2. #17
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: What is the right way to start?

    dBpa creates just the audio files, it does not organize or control those audio files afterwards. You can edit, move, rename or delete the audio files - dBpa will not care about that.


    Dat Ei

  3. #18
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: What is the right way to start?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    Hey... I saved on my external drive under a folder called: DBPowerAmp. The music saved is called: Albinoni/cantata/title/conductor.m4a. (12 of them) I did not create a folder called Albinoni.
    No, but CD Ripper did, according to what you have setup in Naming.

    Perhaps you need to re-read the online help (click the Apple OS X link in post no. 3)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    Q; IF I create a folder called albinoni in DBPowerAmp folder, and move the music from DBPowerAmp folder, to Albinoni folder is that going to "Fup" the DBP application?
    No, but let's first get your Naming string setup correctly, then you can delete the original rip attempt and re-rip the Albinoni CD. Hopefully, you will then begin to understand what is happening here.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    19

    Re: What is the right way to start?

    Albinoni is the composer. Which I want first on all saved music.
    This is the naming: [composer][genre][title][conductor][band][artist][album][track][track_total]
    This is what is written under the naming: Heinichen J.H_concerto_Concerto in F S234.1 VivaceReinhard GoebelConcerti Grandi [Goebel]0125

    This is the result on the HD: /Volumes/LaCie 1/DBPowerAmp/Heinichen 1683-1729/ Heinichen J.H_concerto_Concerto in A S208.2Adagio e staccatoReinhard GoebelConcerti Grandi [Goebel]2025.m4a


    What I would like to obtain is this:
    Composer (for instance: Albinoni)
    Title ( in this case concerto in A
    The classification of the piece: in this case: S208. (now s208 is a classification that is attributed to each piece of each composer)
    The conductor: in this case Reinhard Goebel.
    The orchestra: in this case it is "Musica Antiqua Koln" but it is not written
    The performer (s): In this case there is none. (but it could be the name of a violinist, or violinists)
    The title of the album: In this case concerti grandi.

    Am I doing OK with you there? :-)

  5. #20
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: What is the right way to start?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeleterMann View Post
    Albinoni is the composer. Which I want first on all saved music.
    This is the naming: [composer][genre][title][conductor][band][artist][album][track][track_total]
    This is what is written under the naming: Heinichen J.H_concerto_Concerto in F S234.1 VivaceReinhard GoebelConcerti Grandi [Goebel]0125

    This is the result on the HD: /Volumes/LaCie 1/DBPowerAmp/Heinichen 1683-1729/ Heinichen J.H_concerto_Concerto in A S208.2Adagio e staccatoReinhard GoebelConcerti Grandi [Goebel]2025.m4a


    What I would like to obtain is this:
    Composer (for instance: Albinoni)
    Title ( in this case concerto in A
    The classification of the piece: in this case: S208. (now s208 is a classification that is attributed to each piece of each composer)
    The conductor: in this case Reinhard Goebel.
    The orchestra: in this case it is "Musica Antiqua Koln" but it is not written
    The performer (s): In this case there is none. (but it could be the name of a violinist, or violinists)
    The title of the album: In this case concerti grandi.

    Am I doing OK with you there? :-)
    I understand that you want all these things available in the metadata tags for use by your music library and players. But do you want ALL of these items contained in the file folder/file name of the audio tracks? I would guess no, but not sure. I'm also confused. Your listing of what you want above, with examples, doesn't match up with: Heinichen J.H_concerto_Concerto in A S208.2Adagio e staccatoReinhard GoebelConcerti Grandi [Goebel]2025.m4a

    Give us an example of an album with each tag you are creating with dbpa for tracks for that album. And then give us what you would like the naming to be. For example, what if I want to tag and name the Beatles Album, Abbey Road? (and I'm just using the first track as an example below):

    Tags:

    ALBUM = Abbey Road
    ARTIST = The Beatles
    ALBUMARTIST = The Beatles
    TRACK = 01
    TITLE = Come Together
    COMPOSER = Lennon & McCartney
    DATE = 1969
    GENRE = Rock

    I want this to end up with names/folders as follows:

    c:\music\The Beatles\Abbey Road\01 - Come Together.flac

    (note: I have a parent folder called music, then a folder for "The Beatles". Under "The Beatles" folder, I have a subfolder called "Abbey Road", and within the Abbey Road folder, all the tracks of that album would appear. The actual file name only contains the track number and song name (because the rest of the info is contained in the folder organization). And of course none of this has anything to do with my music server/player which is using the TAGS for information. I could name the files BIGUNKNOWN and the server would still know this is the Beatles, Abbey Road, because of the TAGS.

    note that I'm not using GENRE or DATE or COMPOSER in my naming, but these items are available in my tags and usable by my player/server. So I can use, for example, GENRE for sorting within my music server/player.



    p.s. this is an m4a file. Is that apple lossless? If not, then you should really consider ripping to lossless, then creating a lossy version for use on portables. Silly to rip your CDs correctly to end up with lossy files. I know, been there done that before I knew any better.
    Last edited by garym; 07-23-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •