title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naim App doesn't find Asset on network

Re: Naim App doesn't find Asset on network

I have 4 output of the NAS and usually use 3 bridged in one with the IP 192.168.1.198

I tried with one single cable plugged and set up IP and the problem remain.

Maybe the router, i cannot access for the moment, waiting pass and ID to connect and see what's going on there.

If you have other ideas, feel free to say :D
    Thank You.

Administrator

You would need to as a test simplify your network, if you have IP addresses bridged, potentially multi-cast on that entire subnet cannot work (UPnP uses this for discovery).

I convertes those 3 exit to one with the software of the NAS. So now only one exit seen as one IP adress and the problem remain...

I don't know what to do...

Customer
    2019-07-27 06:57:00

(If you prefer an english version of my ticket please ask) Bonjour, J'utilise depuis de nombreuses années le programme Aset sur mon NAS. Celui-ci a toujours fonctionné de manière parfaite. Depuis un redémarrage imprévu, Asset n'est plus vu sur le réseau via l'appli. Par contre, chose qui m'interoge et me pousse à ouvrir ce ticket à qu'au démarrage du NAS, Asset est vu sur le réseau et fonctionne, mais seulement 2 ou 3 minutes. Je remarque qu'au même moment, le NAS effectue une opération (après le lancement des services et applications) et que c'est au cours de cette opération qu'Asset disparait du réseau. En pansement, un ami m'a installé un petit routeur proche de mon streamer avec un réseau wifi indépendant et cela fonctionne, même si la "découverte réseau" est laborieuse (lente). Ensuite, cela fonctionne. Ceci dit, je ne souhaite pas rester dans cette configuration et ne comprends pas ce comportement étrange. Je vous remercie de votre éclairage. J'aimerais vraiment résoudre ce problème. Bien cordialement. F. Carlo
    Q138I07258.zip
    Support Team
    2019-07-29 11:27:50

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting QNAP support.
    Please if possible can we continue in English?
    Thank you.
    Asset UPnP is a third party application, and therefore we cannot support this.
    Because we don't have the resources.
    However this small router can be the cause it's not working anymore.
    The App is UPnP based, and when you add a router in between de provider router
    and you NAS this UPnP connection might get disturbed or there might be a conflict.
    Please try to uninstall this small router and try again.
    Thank you.

Customer
    2019-07-29 11:54:09

Good morning Sir and thank you for your help.

In factn you wrong understood. It is since a friend added a small router close to my streamer that i can access to Asset again. With my normal configuration, it remains impossible. I made many many trials and avoid a too long mail.

My material is :

Cisco router 1900 serie W

Extreme networks 24 doors

But, one thing i point out and convince me it is very probably coming from the Qnap is this :

At each restart, for few minutes, i can see Asset (and Plex) an teh network through my app. Then it works for a session of 2-3 minutes. Then, it is finisshed. At the same moment, i observe the Qnap proccesses... Mounting volume, starting service (asset the last). At that precise time, i can see Asset on the network. Then, an intense activity comes on the hard drives without any notice (just kernel process) and after 2 minutes or so, Asset (and Plex) disappear from the App.

So my question is, at the starting of the system, what does a Qnap do after "starting service" ?

I hope it helps.

I am waiting your answer.
    Thank you and best regards.

Fabien
    Support Team
    2019-07-29 12:43:32

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for the additional information. And apologies for wrong understanding it in the
    first place.
    Directly after all "normal" system services and default app services are started, all the other
    application services are starting. So it might be possible the NAS cannot start this services the right
    way anymore. This might be due to the firmware version. Can you please try to uninstall Plex and
    Asset UPnp and then reinstall them both?
    Please let me know the results.
    Thank you.

Customer
    2019-07-29 12:51:20

I already did, Sir. It didn't work.
    I also instaelled the previous version of the firmware, without succes too.

I also tried to start the NAS with these App inactive and then start Asset - incase potential conflict with Plex. No succes either.
    I also post on the Asset forum, but Asset is flawlessly working. I can see on the web interface.

I stuck on to senarios:

Or Qnap doing something wrong ?

Or maybe router, but why then at the beginning of any session of the NAS, Asset and Plex are seen and then not.

The streamer dedicated for Plex is flawlessly working and see plex and read,...etc.

So as it works at the beginning, i am sceptical on the fact the router can be involved. Or information travel through the network or not.

I can repeat this behavior of the NAS at each restart. Reason, i think it comes from the NAS.

Also, the problem occured since an "undesired" restart when i was on holyday.

I have 4 previous version of the firmware...maybe i go back to older version ?

I checked IP conflict and so on. It is not coming from there too.

I hope you have ideas to take me out of my problem.

Thank You and best regards.
    Fabien
    Support Team
    2019-07-29 04:52:12

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for the update.
    I will discuss this problem internally first and wil try to test it.
    If needed we can then make an appointment for remote support.
    Thank you.

Customer
    2019-07-29 04:54:59

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your support. I wait impatiently your answer and it is of course no problem to do an appointment for remote support.

Best regards.

Fabien
    Support Team
    2019-07-30 09:14:36

Dear Customer,
    Since this application Asset UPnP is not available in our App Center, because it's a third party
    application, Author = Illustrate I'm also not able to test it over here.
    I'm afraid therefore we cannot support this application.
    Please try to contact the developer of this application this seems to be Illustrator or Adobe.
    I'm very sorry not to be able to help you in this.

Customer
    2019-07-30 09:54:54

What !!??

I understand you cannot "redo" the problem due to the fact that this app is not a Qnap one. But on the other hand, considering the strange behavior of the NAS, i think you can push a bit further the investigation !?!

Asset has always run flawlessly and the problem occured since a "unwanted" restart of the NAS...

Sir, it is almost 3 weeks i brake my head with this problem and i am not a professionnal. I am very satisfied of the Qnap product and somehow, i am convinced it should be something "stupid" ... but i don't have the perfect "logic" to solve my problem.

Waw i don't believe what i read !

Wash your hands on the job of somebody else ! If you read my messages. I already contact the developper of Asset. He is sure Asset is not involved in my problem. Here is the topic :

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...set-on-network

So what i do now ?

THANK YOU !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoon - i still need some help :/

Administrator

I am not sure how I can help you further, I am quite certain there is no discovery issues in Asset, the code has not changed from v1 of Asset, this is perhaps 8 years.

Dear Spoon,

I observed a "strange" behavior of the NAS and the guys from QNAP have difficult to admit... As i am not a developper and not a technician, i try to find out a solution of my problem.
    Anyway, if the code was wrong, i was not going to be able to have a "normal behavior" of the NAS with Asset at eacg restart of the NAS i think. A code is a code and a rule is a rule...
    I will keep in touch with you and let you know if we find out what it is.
    Can be helpful for other Asset users.
    Thank you and best regards.

Hello music streamers!

I just stumbled over this thread in an internet search. After years of stable service, I have a similar problem here. My Naim NDS suddenly does not see my Asset on QNAP anymore...

After a lot of the usual troubleshooting, I tried another UPNP/DLNA App than the Naim App (on iOS). For instance Glider Music Player or mconnect Player lite could see my Asset and play music.
    Then I have an Oppo UHD Bluray Player and a Sony Playstation, that both have network streaming features, too. They see my Asset and can play music from it. What the heck is going on?!

By now I guess, it must be something on the Naim side... But could not nail it down, yet.

So ikoun, can you do similar tests with alternative player Apps or player hardware like I have done above? Have you recently made a Firmware update on your Naim streaming device?
    The Naim iOS App became 2 updates the last 2 months. I did not connect with Naim about this by now.

See you later...
    Last edited by NaimGaim; 08-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NaimGaim View Post
    Hello music streamers!

By now I guess, it must be something on the Naim side... But could not nail it down, yet.
    I don't think its Naim, I'm on the Naim beta team & test the iOS app & read the Android app reports.
    We have QNAP users together with all the other NAS brands, I'm Synology.
    Outside the beta group there are the thousands of normal public users.
    I have not read of this problem on the Naim forum

I will however note the details & symptoms & post a help request

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

You say your "NDS suddenly does not see my Asset on QNAP anymore..."
    I don't understand what you mean by NDS not seeing Asset, its not the NDS that "see's" Asset, its the Naim app.
    When you open the iOS app, does that find the NDS OK ???
    Can you connect to get iRadio stations, what does the app screen actually show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    When you open the iOS app, does that find the NDS OK ???
    Can you connect to get iRadio stations, what does the app screen actually show.
    App to NDS is O.K. So is everything else, like iRadio.

Only when you choose UPNP as source, it goes to the Servers screen with the turning circle below. But it does not find any servers! It is not only the asset, my dreambox used to appear there, too. But not anymore...
    Last edited by NaimGaim; 08-09-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Administrator

Borrow someone else's router, you do not have to plug into the the phone (or fibre), just connect the local network devices.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

App to NDS is O.K. So is everything else, like iRadio.
    Only when you choose UPNP as source, it goes to the Servers screen with the turning circle below. But it does not find any servers! It is not only the asset, my dreambox used to appear there, too. But not anymore...
    OK, I'll have a think & ask others
    Is the NDS - QNAP connection ethernet or wireless, & do you have everything set for DHCP or do you have fixed IP addresses (I strongly advise DHCP if thats the case)
    Have you tried the obvious.... to delete & reinstall everything including to power off & restart before the reinstall.
    I'm thinking power off the wireless router, power off NDS, remove Asset & power off the QNAP, delete the iOS app & power off the iPad.
    Power up the router & let it finish, power up the QNAP & reinstall Asset, power up NDS, then iPad & install new app.
    It should "find the rooms" & see the NDS & UPnP should see Asset (sorry I'm I hope I don't appear be telling you the obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    OK, I'll have a think & ask others
    Is the NDS - QNAP connection ethernet or wireless, & do you have everything set for DHCP or do you have fixed IP addresses (I strongly advise DHCP if thats the case)
    Have you tried the obvious.... to delete & reinstall everything including to power off & restart before the reinstall.
    I'm thinking power off the wireless router, power off NDS, remove Asset & power off the QNAP, delete the iOS app & power off the iPad.
    Power up the router & let it finish, power up the QNAP & reinstall Asset, power up NDS, then iPad & install new app.
    It should "find the rooms" & see the NDS & UPnP should see Asset (sorry I'm I hope I don't appear be telling you the obvious)
    I have all cabled that I can, only mobile devices are on WiFi. NDS and QNAP are cabled to the same switch.
    The central network devices like firewall/router, wireless access points, servers, printers are on fixed IP and stay there! All normal clients (like the NDS) use DHCP. And yes, I have been several times though the restarting, reinstalling game...

It's you, that don't want to see, that my network is running splendid!
    As I worte further up in this thread. Other iOS streaming Apps and the Bluray-Player or the Playstation can stream over the QNAP/Asset combo. It's only the NDS/Naim App that has problems in loosing the UPNP-Server very often (but not all of the time)...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It's you, that don't want to see, that my network is running splendid!It's only the NDS/Naim App that has problems in loosing the UPNP-Server very often (but not all of the time)...
    OK, I'm out - good luck.

Since I backup my iOS devices locally to my Mac with iMazing (iTunes became restricted in iOS App management some time ago) I was able to go back from the actual Naim App version 5.14.1. to 5.13.1, which is about 2 months old. Unfortuately, this did not help with the problem...

Then I found in the Naim App under settings / input settings / UPnP / 2 things, that I do not remember to have been there in older versions. (But when it works, you do not look for it either):
    - 1 is a function to clear the UPnP cache, which did not help.
    - 2 is a check box to switch to "UPnP compatibility mode".

When you check that it shows you an info window which states:
    Enabling UPnP compatibility mode uses a slower UPnP user interface without play queue or playlist support.
    When I switched that on, the Asset and Dreambox UPnP servers became visible instantly and could play my music!!

But not having play queue or playlist support are severe restritions, so I switched back. Then the UPnP servers became instantly in visible again...

So Naim must have changed something with the way they handle UPnP servers in their last firmware update 4.7, that I installed in the end of july (where the problems began), or in one of their iOS App updates.