title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naim App doesn't find Asset on network

Re: Naim App doesn't find Asset on network

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    OK, I'm out - good luck.
    Sorry, if you misunderstood that Mike-B... It's still a foreign language to me. So I can't be as specific as I d'like to be. Sad to see you go. Good luck to you, too.

But technical support works only by thinking strictly logical - not by being a fanboy of any brand.

Repeat: Other iOS streaming Apps and the Bluray-Player or the Playstation can stream from the QNAP/Asset combo.
    It's only the NDS/Naim App combo that has problems in loosing the UPNP-Server very often (but not all of the time)...

That I have found this "UPnP compatibility mode" switch in the Naim App confirms that even further.

- In restricted UPnP compatibility mode, you can see the UPnP servers.
    - In normal unrestricted UPnP mode, you can not see the UPnP servers.
    - This situation is repeatable.
    Last edited by NaimGaim; 08-11-2019 at 05:39 PM.

In the Naim Streaming Products Firmware Update Guide.pdf they specify:
    Once the update is complete then you should perform a Factory Reset of your Streamer – This can be done from the IR remote using the Tools -> Factory Settings -> Reset All Settings menu option.

With the consequence of all radio presets are deleted, system automation to be reset, and all settings to be returned to their defaults.

Because there is no function to backup the settings to a different device, this takes extra time and work, because you have to reconfigure all the settings by hand... By now, this was never necessary, because everything worked fine afterwards. And I have done a bunch of firmware updates with NDX and later NDS.

This time though, it seems to be different. Everything worked fine, but not the shaky UPNP-Server connection.
    So I take the leap and do a factory reset and configure the NDS from new.

After resetting and reconfiguring my NDS streamer, it did not help with the vanishing UPnP-Servers problem.

I found out, that on my iPhone XS and an old iPad Air (1st gen.) you have no problem in seeing the servers without UPnP compatibility mode!
    Only on my standard music remote control device on the sofa by the HiFi, an iPad Pro (10.5 inch) this very specific problem exists. All devices with the same actual iOS final version 12.4. and the same actual Naim App 5.14.1.

I will have to check with naim audio people about that...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NaimGaim View Post
    Sorry, if you misunderstood that Mike-B... It's still a foreign language to me. So I can't be as specific as I d'like to be. Sad to see you go. Good luck to you, too.

OK I accept that English is not your language, lets leave it at that.

I believe you need to open up your mind & accept that there are >thousands of NDS & all the other Naim streamers, using QNAP & the other NAS, & using the Naim iOS & Android apps & they do not have the same problem. In my experience of my own netwrk, reading & observing this kind of thing on the Naim forum & my work with Naim beta testing, the problem invariably is a network discovery problem of some sort & the solutions I have seen can be as diverse as replacing the so called ethernet over power adaptors with all ethernet or even wireless or to change to a different Virgin router type.
    So I will leave you with it, & just read & maybe learn when you do find a solution.

Today, I refined the configuration of my UPnP Server Asset on the QNAP NAS.
    Mainly, I gave it a new network name. Away from the default one, to a custom one. I made the path of the watched media folders more precise (not just /Multimedia/, but /Multimedia/music/) and changed some parameters, how the tracks and multi-disc albums are displayed on the client.

Strangely, this seems to have solved the problem with my iPad Pro, that could not see the UPnP Servers without the Naim App being in UPnP compatibility mode. Now it can suddenly see them normally without UPnP compatibility mode again...
    Even tough I do not see a direct connection. A change on a central device like a server should change it for all clients. Not only for a particular single client alone.

Before I was on that iPad with the Naim App and I resetted the cache, resettet the app, deleted the app, rebootet the iPad, reinstalled the App, countless times. The same I did with the Asset software on the QNAP and the Firmware on the NDS.
    But anyway, probably there was some old data stuck under the old server name, that got cleaned away with the new server name. Can not really understand this solution - but I am glad, I can listen to my music again.
    Last edited by NaimGaim; 08-13-2019 at 05:23 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NaimGaim View Post
    But anyway, probably there was some old data stuck under the old server name, that got cleaned away with the new server name. Can not really understand this solution - ...............
    Just the sort of thing I had in mind embedded in my suggestions - clearing out bad links
    Anyway, happy you've found the fix

Hi there. I have just installed the dbpoweramp asset UPnP software on a new Apple MacBook Pro on a trial basis. My Naim 272 has recently been fully updated with Naims firmware. Most of my music is served by a Naim Unitiserve but I have a number of downloads which came with vinyl purchases which are on my MacBook Pro.

When I try to access the dnpoweramp asset software to play the downloads using i-pad or i-phone no music is listed. And the Asset software does not appear to be &*8220;seen&*8221; by the Naim app.

The Asset software is loaded and the icon appears on the upper tool bar beside the WiFi icon.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do to access the downloads on my MacBook:to play via the Naim system?

Many thanks

Jatr

Administrator

You are able to select asset, then Artist >> but it does not list any artists?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You are able to select asset, then Artist >> but it does not list any artists?
    Hi Spoon

No - the Asset program does not appear at all. The only server visible is the Naim Unitiserve.

Best

Jatr