title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Go from Hi Res FLAC to Apple Lossless without a hitch???

Go from Hi Res FLAC to Apple Lossless without a hitch???

Hey all, I'm about to purchase my first ever Hi Res file (FLAC). But want the option to play on my Apple products so want to make an Apple Lossless version. Can DBPowerAmp allow me to do that without any problems? Will I need to do dithering and other technical stuff??? That scares me. I'm not a super-technical guy. Just want to down-sample to a "Redbook" format and still have decent sound, albeit not "Hi Res." Right now I can only play Hi Res file on my Android. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Go from Hi Res FLAC to Apple Lossless without a hitch???

If you convert FLAC >> Apple Lossless, include the DSP effects:

Resample (set to 44.1KHz)
    Bit depth (set to 16 bit with triangular dither)

Then you are all set.

I do this all the time, but iTunes can also play 48k. I downsample lots of 96k 24bit files to play in iTunes as 48/16. IMHO, 96k converts to 48k much easier than going to 44.1k and, since iTunes will play 48k, it makes the most sense.

I have a similar question. I want to convert Flac files to apple lossless. The average Flac file will produce converted m4a at a bitrate of ±1,000 kbps and sample rate of 44.1kHz, which is fine.

Now, when a Falc files is his res - SACD etc. it produces an output m4a file sometime as large as 5,000 kbps and sample rate of 192kHz.

Is there a way to downsize the output file from sample rate of 192kHz to 44.1kHz?
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Nigel55; 09-27-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Solved thank you.