title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sleeve Image Coming in Rotated

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sleeve Image Coming in Rotated

Hi all.

Yes, I'm adding a file from my desktop, which is the correct orientation but it's coming in rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Not the greatest disaster in the world but any ideas as to why? Can I edit it from within dbpa?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Sleeve Image Coming in Rotated

It shows rotated in CD Ripper? and your player? what is the file a jpg or png?

dBpoweramp Guru

I guess that it is a problem based on the orientation bit in the file. Programs that can handle the orientation bit can display the picture in the right orientation, no matter how the data is orientated in the file. Programs that can't handle the orientation bit display the data just as they are stored in the file.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It shows rotated in CD Ripper? and your player? what is the file a jpg or png?
    The file is a JPG. As far as I'm aware, it's no different to any other JPG I've ever taken with my phone. It showed properly in the window on my Mac. I've not got as far as my player yet, this was just in Ripper. But I opened it in photoshop & re-saved it & then everything started behaving normally, so it probably have something weird going on with it.

Anyway, "panic" over. lol

I guess the answer to my question is "no, you can't rotate pictures within dbpa".

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    But I opened it in photoshop & re-saved it & then everything started behaving normally, so it probably have something weird going on with it.
    Nothing weird, just a case of handling or not handling the orientation bit as I mentioned in my post.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Nothing weird, just a case of handling or not handling the orientation bit as I mentioned in my post.

Dat Ei
    Indeed. Just that it's never, ever happened before.

But hey, you live & learn.