title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Metadata Retrieval very slow - but i already use Discogs not AMG - help

Metadata Retrieval very slow - but i already use Discogs not AMG - help

Hi - essentially like my title says, metadata retrieval takes about 3+ minutes - i read somewhere about unchecking AMG - but i don't have AMG as an option, and i see discogs is already checked - i wish i could get this fixed - thank you!

Administrator

Re: Metadata Retrieval very slow - but i already use Discogs not AMG - help

Is it always slow? sometimes some providers go off line.

Try unchecking the different providers one at a time, click the refresh button to re-read from the Internet until you find which one was slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Is it always slow? sometimes some providers go off line.

Try unchecking the different providers one at a time, click the refresh button to re-read from the Internet until you find which one was slow.
    Hi - That makes sense and that's what i was kinda thinking - can you clarify please - so i get what you want me to do, but what are you saying - i.e. unclick say DISCOGS - then try ripping a CD and see if speed changes - if not, re check Discogs and then uncheck another and repeat - yes? - What did you mean by click the refresh button.

This is what i have checked - Discogs, GD3, Musicbrainz, freedb, and Intelligent Data from all Meta Providers - which would suggest i start with i was going to say the last?

Quote Originally Posted by alex1977 View Post
    Hi - That makes sense and that's what i was kinda thinking - can you clarify please - so i get what you want me to do, but what are you saying - i.e. unclick say DISCOGS - then try ripping a CD and see if speed changes - if not, re check Discogs and then uncheck another and repeat - yes? - What did you mean by click the refresh button.

This is what i have checked - Discogs, GD3, Musicbrainz, freedb, and Intelligent Data from all Meta Providers - which would suggest i start with i was going to say the last?
    UPDATE - it seems unchecking Intelligent DAta from all Meta Providers didn't make a difference (of course maybe it didn't take - i was going to be sure by closing app and restarting later) - but then i checked it again, and i unchecked FreeDB - and the next 7 cds i got back 'no meta data found' - strange, would make me think that FreeDB is the only one getting the data for all my rips. (So i checked that back on and it just got the data for the next cd) - so later i will try unchecking others to try and get it to not be slow in meta data retrieval - still at like 3+ minutes each time. And yes to answer your original question it's always slow.
    Last edited by alex1977; 11-06-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Administrator

There is no need to actually rip the CD, uncheck and click the refresh button on the tool bar.