title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error converting to JPEG unable to decode APP fields

Error converting to JPEG unable to decode APP fields

Only with jpg made with a smartphone or from WhatsApp messages there is following error Message:

Error converting to JPEG, 'D:\1Daten\4.jpg' to 'D:\1Daten\4.jpg'
    [mjpeg @ 0000020a06c5e7c0] unable to decode APP fields: Invalid data found when processing input
    [mjpeg @ 0000020a06c60800] unable to decode APP fields: Invalid data found when processing input

Since the error occurs more frequently and thus makes the image converter useless, I write a post to this support forum. Please fix this error. With other jpgs is no problem. If the admin send me an Email, I can send a example jpg.

Bild Fehler2.PNG

Administrator

Re: Error converting to JPEG unable to decode APP fields

Please send us one of the jpg files:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Just for the record: I've sent these jpgs immediately after Mr. Spoon contacted me in August 2019. Since then nothing, no answer, but he wrote on Sep 2019 "We are not currently working in that area, Music Converter is getting all efforts at the moment.".

Please fix this serious bug. Otherwise, your commercial product "Image Converter" isn't useful for me unlike your other products.

Administrator

We will be working again on non-music converter soon.

PS. the reported error is not an error, it is miss attributed information line, the conversions take place.

Almost 3 years later the error still exists.
    The conversion does not take place.

I've tested now with images, which are taken with a galaxy S22 Smartphone and 7 images of 25 images are not resized and saved properly. The seven images are all taken in a portrait format and not landscape format. So I guess the error has something with the orientation tag to do.

I've updated the version of the converter and the error is gone.

But now there orientation tag "Rotate 90 CW" is completly missing.
    So all fotos in portrait format are now in landscape because of the missing orentation tag.

Administrator

Please upload one of your files to dropbox and provide a link. The latest version should rotate the image, that EXIF attribute is removed.