title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't configure Accuraterip with SATA adaptor

Can't configure Accuraterip with SATA adaptor

Hello everyone,

I am currently having some problems configuring Accuraterip while setting up dBpoweramp for the first time.

I am using a Plextor BDR-209EBK drive that I hooked up to my computer through a SATA to USB3.0 adapter. The drive works absolutely fine on my computer and in dBpoweramp, however it is recognized by Windows not as the Pioneer itself. but through "ASMedia - ASM105X", which I think is the name of the adapter in some way.

Now the Accuraterip configuration window pops up, it finds the "ASMedia - ASM105X" device in the Accuraterip database and expects an offset of +6. However, when I checked the Accuraterip database online for the Pioneer drive it says +667. I have been putting in some discs for configuration and the ones that work indeed come back as +667, but now Accuraterip says it will not key those as they don't match the expected offset of +6. Do you guys have any idea what to do to proper configure the drive?

Thanks a lot!

Administrator

Re: Can't configure Accuraterip with SATA adaptor

You would need a different adaptor which does not change the name of the drive.

Thanks for your response.

Maybe anyone here that is also using this kind of setup and can confirm a working adapter?

Thanks again.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've had no problem with one made by Kingwin, and ones made by Sabrent. Not sure the Sabrent ones are now being made. The Kingwin has conversion for both IDE and SATA. (not that I was looking for that, but it was in stock.) I've had several of the Sabrent ones fail (become unresponsive) after a year or two. Reason unclear.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've used a Lindy USB 2 without problems for the last three years. It works perfectly for both IDE and SATA.

Hey guys, I know this topic is old, but since I stumbled across the same problem - and was able to fix it - I thought I'd leave the information here for whoever neess it:

So I had used an LG drive successfully with AccurateRip (via EAC) for ages. Then I switched to a USB adapter, since my new PC didn't have any slots for optical drives anymore. And ever since I never got a succesfull AccurateRip.

Here's how I fixed it: I let EAC setup AccurateRip automatically. It setup the deicve as "ASMedia - ASM105" and with an offset of +6, as mentioned above. The I looked up the REAL offset of my drive here: http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm. It was +667. I went to my Windows registry, to key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate and replaced the +6 with +667. Et voilą, AccurateRip works.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: I would suggest that the "drive" ASMedia - ASM105 gets removed from the database, so that it is not automatically configures by this false entry.

Administrator

It would not autoconfigure on Windows, it would have to read a CD which gave the same offset as the one expected in the database.

Yes, that's why I needed to reconfigure the Offset via registry afterwards. But without the auto configuration I wasnt able to activate AccurateRip in EAC at all. So that was the only way for me.