title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Catalina - DVD/CD Driver Help Needed

Catalina - DVD/CD Driver Help Needed

Hi,

Recently moved from Windows 10 to a new MAC with Catalina OS. Have been happily ripping music CDs with the pioneer dvd-rw dvr-215d drive via USB. Now, I've attached it to my new 16" MAC with Catalina and latest version of DBPoweramp and when I insert a DVD movie, the video starts and all works well. But when I insert a music CD, after a minute or so, it displays "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer".

Does anyone have any clue how to fix this? There appears to be no hardware problem as it's working with DVDs. I've tried several music CDs & they are clean with no marks. I've set Apple Music, then dbPoweramp to auto start when a CD is inserted, but no luck, just that error message above. DBPoweramp has full access to the disk as set via Privacy and Security settings. When I insert a DVD, Music converter can see an MP3 file on the DVD. So everything appears normal.

So any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Catalina - DVD/CD Driver Help Needed

Assuming this can't be solved with the current drive, can somebody recommend an CD external drive that's suitable for music ripping with DBPoweramp and works with Catalina MAC OSX?

Administrator

To be certain I would go for an apple super drive.

Thank you Spoon! It seems that's the quickest and best way to go.