title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need to copy from NAS to usb drive

Need to copy from NAS to usb drive

I have about 500 CDs ripped to my Syology NAS. Because I used iTunes to rip them, they are organized and managed by iTunes. They're all in Apple lossless format for a total of 71 GB. I want to make a copy of all of them to a USB drive as a backup. I also want another complete copy onto a different USB drive, but in MP3. Can dbPoweramp do both of these tasks? If so, what are the steps, please? If I'm sure it will work I am glad to buy dbPoweramp. I don't seem to be able to do it within iTunes itself, nor can I copy/paste using Finder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Need to copy from NAS to usb drive

1. For a complete copy on another drive, simply copy the files from your NAS to a USB drive. No special software needed. If using a windows computer, you'd "map" the NAS drive to a drive letter (e: or f: or something) and then use windows explorer to copy the NAS files to a USB drive connected to your windows computer. A Mac is somewhat similar but I don't think it uses the "mapping" function. Not sure.

2. Yes, dbpoweramp can do a batch conversion of your apple lossless files to mp3 versions.