title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp Music Converter off-screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

dBpoweramp Music Converter off-screen

I use the latest trial version of Music Converter on Windows 7 in a multi-monitor configuration with two 1920x1200 monitors. The last two days when I try to run a conversion the encoding window and the progress window are initially placed in the upper left corner, and only 1/4 of the window is visible. Although using the instructions I found on this site I can temporarily move both windows to any position, the next time I run the program they return to the corner. Disconecting second monitor, reinstalling the program as well as changing the registry key value HKCU/Software/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/dMC-X and dMC-Y have no effect. Prior to reinstallation their values were 4294967090 and 4294967260 respectively. After reinstallation these values are set to 925 and 507, but any modification of these values has no visible result.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Music Converter off-screen

These values directly control the position, it could be that security software is now blocking dBpoweramp from the registry, as a test set the encoder to something which is not normally used, click Cancel (no need to do conversion), then try to convert again, does it show this other codec selected?

Thanks for the repply,

I am using Eset Internet Security, and a 64-bit version of the Total Commander and 'x64/Convert To' menu that appears right-clicking on a file (regardless of codec used), but nothing has been altered in any way at that point to produce different behavior. I have done some more testing, and appears that if I try to convert files using Windows Explorer 'Convert To' everything works as expected. Today I have installed latest version of Total Commander and the windows are still initially off-screen.
    Last edited by Leon4rdo; 07-03-2019 at 11:03 AM.

... some more tests. Changing encoder is working. Moving 1st (select encoder) window without moving progress window (just clicking finish button which is on the visible part of that window) produce that 4294967090/424967260 numbers from the original post. Moving progress window write to the registry different values which are, I believe, correct screen coordinates of that window. However, on the next run both windows go back to the corner. I hope this will help you somehow.
    Last edited by Leon4rdo; 07-04-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Administrator

The issues only happen if you launch from Total Commander?

Apparently, yes. The issue is that only few days before all was working without any problems at all, and as I use TC extensively this damn thing made me somewhat curious. I have some older portable versions of Total Commander lying around and with them the problem still exists. Deleting TC .ini file didn't change a thing. Though not testing with Music Converter, even in virtual machine I see some TC unusual behavior. And now I am officially confused. Some Windows update, or something, messed things around.