title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD Drive Accuracy 2019

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Drive Accuracy 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Nubben View Post
    Gary, would you think buying the ASUS TurboDrive BW-16D1H-U_PRO instead of going down the enclosure route would be a good idea? Will that make a difference? Or will all USB attached devices have issues with C2s?[/COLOR]
    I really don't know the answer to this (the drive or whether all USB connected drives don't work with C2). I've never looked at the list of top drives. I come from the approach, of "having several cheap drives combined with AR" is all I need for 99.9% of my ripping. The other .1% I don't worry about.

Understood Gary! Sounds like a sound approach. Many thanks for your advice.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nubben View Post
    Understood Gary! Sounds like a sound approach. Many thanks for your advice.
    yep, no pun intended.

So are there a couple of external drives that are good performers on the lists that I can use with my MacBook?

Quote Originally Posted by mwheelerk View Post
    So are there a couple of external drives that are good performers on the lists that I can use with my MacBook?
    I'd like to know the same thing but for use with a PC. Thanks!

Many thanks for posting the results for 2019.

All my cd drives are included in the offset listing on the website, but two are missing from the CD Drive Accuracy 2019 listing, and may be in earlier listings.

Is there any way to obtain the accuracy data for the two drives ( LG Electronics / HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GE24NU40; TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-208BW )
    Last edited by Fleuch; 10-19-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Administrator

If the drives do not have enough submissions then they are not included.

Could anyone point me to the drive that got the best score and is an internal 9,5 mm thick BD burner for laptop?
    And if I should still pursue LTR-40125S for obvious reasons and if they are not obvious I can link to why they should be?

Hi,

Drive: Lenovo - Slim_USB_Burner (74 users): Submissions: 575 accurate, 6 inaccurate, 98.9673 % accuracy

Which model is this?

I know there are 2 lenovo external usb drive.

Which model is it? 1st or 2nd picture?

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 10.30.34 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 10.30.39 PM.png
    Last edited by metrogeeky; 04-20-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: arrange format

Administrator

As drive offsets are from peoples submissions we cannot say which drive it is.

It got pretty good result. I going to get the 2nd one, I assume the 1st one is ThinkPad ultra slim dvd. Thanks anyway. PerfectTUNES is needed right for accuraterip?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by metrogeeky View Post
    PerfectTUNES is needed right for accuraterip?
    PerfectTunes can compare previously ripped files to the AR database. But dbpoweramp CD ripper (different program) uses AR in the ripping verification process.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    My experience has been that most external drives are not very good. Besides accuracy problems, most are slow. When ripping to my laptop, I use an "internal" drive with an external SATA power supply and a SATA to USB converter. Works well.
    By "internal", do you mean that you can make external drive operate like an internal drive if you add an external SATA power supply?

dBpoweramp Guru

In order to use an internal drive externally, you may well need a SATA (or IDE if it is a really old drive) to USB converter and a power supply that will power the drive. The converters I purchased came with a power supply also. I've used a couple of different makes and models, the available ones seem to change models every now and then. It is best to look for ones that are spec'd to work with CD/DVD/BluRay internal drive. I've used several simultaneously connected to different USB ports with no issues. And yes, it should work just like an internal drive, but may possibly take slightly longer to react to commands.

I just leave the (3) drives piled up next to the computer, but I've considered making a simple cabinet after one of them slid off when I bumped it and broke the SATA connector on the power supply cable. The drive was fine, not so the power supply.

In addition to using the drives with adapters to run multiple instances of dBpoweramp, I've also used them with a commercially available disc burning program to burn multiple copies of CDs/DVDs at once.

Looking at a new CD Ripper, is the 2020 coming out soon?