title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie desperately needs help Mac OS

Newbie desperately needs help Mac OS

Just downloaded DBpoweramp ripper. Ripped CDs and files go to "music". but I can't copy to my sd cards for portable player, I need some basic tutorial because now my path options include music and the name of each CD I ripped-I can't delete those names and have no idea how to trash all of this and start over and rip to FLAC. I removed the software and reloaded it and everything is the same as it was before I remove the software. I need to be able to take the CD files and copy to sd micro cards for portable player. Is there a basic tutorial etc? my email is fvargish@ptd.net if that is easier

Administrator

Re: Newbie desperately needs help Mac OS

You would normally drag and drop the files, perhaps you have a program which you do not know about which is using those music files? Try restarting the computer (full shut down and restart).

Did that and I'll try to click and drag again. However, the programs are listed on my applications but do not show up on launchpad

Administrator

Your computer potentially has a big problem, take it into an Apple store for them to look at.

Thanks I figured out the issue-downloaded/loaded error that I fixed.

Three questions: The least compressed format is that the wave format?

After ripping a live CD if I click drag and copy to a micro SD for my DAP is there a gap between songs? I know this is a CD burning issue but I understand that ripping does not insert gaps so an exact copy should not have gaps

Under path options for rippped CDs how do you remove old folders/files (I click to set and it lists options for files I have closed out

Administrator

If you have a live album, then all CD ripping programs in existence will rip it without gaps. You need a player which can play gapless, not all can.

Wave is least compressed, however not much will read the ID Tags from wave.

It is not possible to remove the old folder options.