title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

I am hoping someone has more examples of overrides for settings and script for library exclusions as unfortunately the few provided are not helping me achieve my objective.

I have a few different streamers in the house all using an AssetUpNp library on a Pi3 with USB HDD attached.

Some of my streamers are able to play everything i have irrespective of quality while others are only capable of streaming CD quality (lossless FLACs).

I believe the answer is to either script "Settings Override (Control Point Specific)" to have certain streamers reencode on the fly, or alternatively script the "Library Exclusions" and use 2 libraries, one for All and the other to only show less than a certain quality file.

Can anyone help?

Cheers Jason

Administrator

Re: Guidance on Library and Settings Override Scripts.

The override is based on control point, not player, so if using the same control point for all players it will not work.

A simpler way is to create new asset instances and change the settings there, then choose the different asset instance for each player.

I did plan to use a separate library, would utilising one where the "Stream As" setting for FLAC being set to WAV ensure that only 44/16 streams are delivered to the Pi/DAC combination I need it for?

Thanks

I have set up another instance of asset but can't see how to force flacs to re_encode to 44/16, help?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasHDahi View Post
    I have set up another instance of asset but can't see how to force flacs to re_encode to 44/16, help?
    Have a look at Asset UPnP Help > Configuration Options.

That was my first point of call, so what are you actually pointing me at with your suggestions that answer my question please?

The options allow a setting of 16bit and 48khz, as I stated I cant see a 16/44. My Arcam rDAC is stuttering for all FLAC and WAV files that are not standard CD quality.

Thanks

Administrator

Edit advanced settings (for the selected instance) >> set 'Audio Format Streaming' Flas 'as wav'

set the 'maximum' to '44KHz' '16 bit' '2 channels'

There are only 3 options available: 48, 88 and 96KHz?

I've tried 48 and still get stuttering audio.

The release version is shown as R6.2
    Last edited by JasHDahi; 09-14-2019 at 03:48 AM.

Administrator

There is such litttle difference between 44KHz and 48Khz in terms of bandwidth, the stuttering is likely because of wireless is used. You can use a wired connection?

Thank you all for the support - am now sorted with the full range of resolutions actually working.

I already have a wired network and so tested this methodically as the next stage.

Turned out to be an issue with the switch port in use and simply changing ports (a switch reboot may have had the same result!) rresolved not just stuttering but negated the need for a seperate library instance too!