title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to make dbPoweramp tag in WAV files when ripping

How to make dbPoweramp tag in WAV files when ripping

Hi,

I have been using dbPoweramp Music Converter, release 14.4, for a quite a while and am very happy with it.

However, I have noticed that the ripped files sometimes contain inconsequent tagging information. I have attached two screenshots of a random ripped WAV file to show what I mean: while the file's ID-Tags shows genre Pop, Rock & Folk (correct tag, added when ripping), the genre under File information shows Acapella (incorrect and probably original tag). Analysing the files in Kid3, the first tags seem to be ID3v2.3.0 while the last are RIFF INFO (screenshot attached).

How can I make dbPoweramp change the RIFF INFO tags to the same as the ID3v2.3.0 when I rip a record?

The background problem is that when using JRiver in Windows as player, the correct tags (ID3v2.3.0) from dbPoweramp's rip show up, while when I play ripped tracks either in Volumio/Linux or iTunes/Mac OS the tags that show up are the ones in RIFF INFO, showing the music collection in a very unorganised way. If I could already when ripping change the RIFF INFO to the tags I add manually this would take care of the problem. Is this possible?

All the best,
    Johan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: How to make dbPoweramp tag in WAV files when ripping

It was perhaps a bug with R14.x, I have tried on latest R16 and the correct genre is written to the info chunk.

Re: How to make dbPoweramp tag in WAV files when ripping

Hi Spoon,

OK, I see... Will consider upgrading.

Best,
    Johan