title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Folder.jpg Not Copied Nor Embedded if Conditional Coding Used

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Folder.jpg Not Copied Nor Embedded if Conditional Coding Used

I first noticed that some folder.jpg files were randomly missing in the conversion for several albums (in their respective folders). I am doing a batch conversion using the [origpath]\[origfilename]. I also have the flag set in "folder.jpg preserve" as well as calling out the extension ".jpg" in the "files with extension" box. In addition, I have the ID tag setup to export folder.jpg under "manipulations/album art". In playing with some consistent problem mp3 folder files, doing multiple conversions, I noticed that if I remove the Conditional Coding DSP doing a 1:1 on "is not lossless" or "has extension .mp3" set to "if any condition matches" I get the 1:1 move of the mp3 but the art is not embedded and there is no folder.jpg. For further clarification.. when using the Conditional Coding I'm trying either the extension box w/".mp3" in it or the "is not lossless" NOT both at the same time. Doing this to try different things to see what may work! So far nothing has. Anyone seen this? Any ideas as to what I can do to resolve it?

Thank you!
    Last edited by badelman; 06-23-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Administrator

Re: Folder.jpg Not Copied Nor Embedded if Conditional Coding Used

It is a quirk of using the conditional encoding with 1:1 copy, because effectively the DSP effects are not processed on a 1:1 copy.

These extra functionality was added on top of the existing program, this means it has to function within the confines of the music converter. If you have not already done try TuneFUSION, it was designed from the ground up to maintain synchronized libraries, and does not have the limitations of the converter.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thx Spoon. I'll try TuneFUSION. In the meantime.. I'd really like to be done converting over my collection for portable use right now. Having said this.. as I've learned from you, converting lossy mp3's to another mp3 isn't exactly great. So.. for parts of my collection that are already mp3.. and will need to be batch converted along w/everything else... is there something I can do to make sure they are as good as they can be quality wise without using 1:1 during the batch process?

Administrator

You would really want a 1:1 copy, TuneFUSION is the way to go.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok. Thx Spoon. I see 3 options for folder.jpg in TuneFUSION. The choices seem to have to do with **move if there is no art**. I take that to mean it looks for embedded and if not it will move it. I would like folder.jpg to be moved no matter what. it seems there is no option for that. Is there a workaround?

Administrator

You would enter into 'Sync Additional Files with Extension' add in there .jpg