title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple instances of Asset showing, tracks only found in one

Multiple instances of Asset showing, tracks only found in one

In case there is ambiguity in the title, I have the full premium version of Asset and I absolutely love it, but my issue is I keep seeing two instances and one has "no media files" while the other has what I'm looking for, the problem is they don't always appear in the same order. So it's clearly a very low priority issue not ruining my life, but it is annoying.

I'm wondering if there is anything forum members can suggest to look into, or whether this might be an issue with the app I'm using with Asset which is the Heos app maintained by Denon/Marantz Holdings. I typically use Asset with my Marantz SR-6012 9.2 AVR, the app they have for streaming/servers is called Heos and it's bloody great but could the issue lie herein?

Any suggestions appreciated. I just don't know if perhaps I've got something configured incorrectly on my PC.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP3 all up to date. I use the Heos app on both my iPhone SE and iPad 2018.

Administrator

Re: Multiple instances of Asset showing, tracks only found in one

Asset can run multiple instances, run the configuration program for Asset and check on the first page that you do not have 2 instances defined.

Thanks Spoon.

When I run the Config I see my "HOME" account, then there is a blank space, then there is the Create Additional and Delete Selected options. When I highlight the blank space and wait a moment until it shows me "no files" then select Delete Selected Asset, it asks me if I want to delete Asset " so it looks like it's considering the blank line to be another instance? I confirm, restart config, blank is still there.

Does this all look correct?

When I go to msconfig I see under "Services" that I have one service called AssetUPnP

When I look at Processes in Taskmgr I see two instances of Asset-uPNP.exe *32, one using 1,432K memory and one using 4,580K memory. When I right click and "Open File Location" they take me to the same file (Asset-uPNP.exe) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

Is it normal to see tow processes running with only one instance of the server defined?
    Anything else you can suggest checking or is everything here looking normal and thus the problem must lie with Heos?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset can run multiple instances, run the configuration program for Asset and check on the first page that you do not have 2 instances defined.
    I included a screenshot of the config via postimage which is why the previous post is likely pending approval, just in case an unapproved post doesn't show the thread being replied to! Thanks.
    Asset2.png

EDIT - I didn't even include the right screenshot, please see attachment in this post for the correct one showing the blank line.
    Last edited by dobyblue; 06-20-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Administrator

On the player it shows Asset: HOME twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the player it shows Asset: HOME twice?
    Yeah one with tracks and one with "No Media"

Oddly enough, this morning I noticed no media in either so I went to the config and it showed no tracks either, I rebooted and went into "My Computer" and into my network (HOME) and I see two instances of Asset UPnP: Home in "Media Devices" also, even though only one when I launch ASset COnfig.

Both in properties show 127.0.0.1

But they have different "unique identifiers"

Is that because I have more than one device using the Heos app (it's on my iPhone and my iPad)?

Administrator

No, it is likely you have Asset installed to 2 different locations on the computer.