title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cannot rip new CD: Unable to open File for Writing [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Cannot rip new CD: Unable to open File for Writing [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Might be copy protection as this is a new CD released very recently?

All the tracks give this error:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'V:\New Rips\Rock\ <deleted> .flac'
    Error unable to open File 'V:\New Rips\Rock\ <deleted> for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I'm on 16.4 64-bit

Also, I note VLC will not play the CD either! But Windows Media Player will play it without problems.
    The disc is not yet in AccurateRip

I tried selecting "Defective by Design" and skipping the first track but that did not help either.

Any ideas?

C

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Cannot rip new CD: Unable to open File for Writing [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Where is this V drive. Can you browse files already on this drive. I suspect this is a NAS that you are not logged into. What happens if you rip to your C drive.

Re: Cannot rip new CD: Unable to open File for Writing [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

The V drive is a NAS, and I am logged in and it is readily accessible.
    In fact...
    I just figured out that for some reason, I was able to rip use the "Multi Encoder" instead of directly to FLAC.
    Why would Multi Encoder work and not directly to FLAC?

Well, garym, you may have been somehow right. I switched back to direct to FLAC, and then I retyped the path... it WAS IDENTICAL. But now ripping works. I don't know what changed... but maybe just twiddling the bits helped somehow.
    C

dBpoweramp Guru

Good to hear.