title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Incorrect Artwork

Incorrect Artwork

Hi,

Normally when I rip a CD, DBP finds appropriate artwork and everything is fine. Sometimes I opt for "Choose", select an alternate and everything is fine. Sometimes DBP finds nothing (or nothing appropriate) and I find something on the internet (or scan the image on the CD) and save it to my MacBook. I then click the + sign, select the image from a file and everything is fine ... until today.

When I loaded an old-time radio CD, DBP picked up another, completely different old-time radio CD with (of course) completely the wrong image. (I can't remember whether a different CD reference service suggested the correct CD info on the "Review Metadata" screen.) I scanned the case and used the + sign and the correct image was showing on the Rip screen as it should. Unfortunately DBP saved the wrong image, i.e.the image that it first suggested. I've tried it several times and every time it shows the correct image before I click "Rip" but saves the rip with the wrong image. (And DBP is still showing the image I want after it re-appears on the screen when the rip is complete.

This is very frustrating. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem?

In case it helps, I'm doing two things that I normally don't. The first is that I'm saving the file as AAC rather than WAV so DBP rips the track then converts it before saving it. I've done that a few times quite OK.

The second is that the "Album" that the rips are being saved to has tracks from three CDs with different cover art. I've done the first two CDs perfectly OK (I renamed the Folder file after I'd completed each CD). I don't do this very often but it worked for the first two CDs so I don't understand why it fails so horribly with the third.

Thanks,

Administrator

Re: Incorrect Artwork

You have to remove the existing ([-] or in menu) as clicking [+] adds an additional artwork, it is designed also for people wanting to add a back cover.

Re: Incorrect Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have to remove the existing ([-] or in menu) as clicking [+] adds an additional artwork, it is designed also for people wanting to add a back cover.
    Thanks Mr Spoon, all is good now.