title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How fortunate are we asset users!!!!!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How fortunate are we asset users!!!!!

Dear Fellow music lovers and streamers,

I thought you might like to know my unbiased findings about Asset in use with a PC. I recently completed a rather comprehensive test of different music servers on a PC. We Asset users are truly fortunate. I found Asset to be the most stable of the softwares I tested and the best music folder/file scanner of FLAC files/Folders. In fact, one of the most touted newer software wonders erred in not scanning about 700 albums out of about 9,500 albums while Asset scanned all non-corrupt albums properly. Asset is also relatively easy to use and relatively inexpensive to acquire.

No, I do not work in any way with the Illustrate folks, but I do love my digital music and I have found for the last several years that Asset is my proven best server for use with a PC and the support available is superior to other support.

Thank you Spoon and fellow music lovers for maintaining the very excellent quality of Asset in our world of constantly changing software.

Just my two cents,

Tom

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: How fortunate are we asset users!!!!!

My findings echo yours, Tom. I've tried Twonky, Kazoo Server, Minimserver and others over the years, and I know they all have their fans, but for me Asset's the one, and has been for many years.

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Mickc,

I agree with you totally plus I have actually used Roon for ten days. This is catchy looking, slow to use and rather poor at scanning a music folder. And. "Yes," as you stated, each has its followers, but Asset is the overall best/most functional and reasonably priced and truly well supported.

Regards,

Tom

I agree will all of the above comments.

Any issues I have had with wireless streaming have all been down to wireless signal strength or the capabilities of my renderer (now a Cambridge Audio CXN).

I am not sure how long I have owned Asset but I have no desire to switch to anything else.

Many thanks guys.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Heathwood,

Clearly we agree. Just a thought and I do not know the configuration of your sound system. Would a stronger router help you?

Best of success,
    Tom

Hi Tom thanks for your reply ,

Firstly my set up, I have a Linn/Naim system (NAC202/200/NAPSC/Stageline/HICAPDR) in HiFi speak, plus a Cambridge Audio CXN of which I am quite fond.

All of the comms stuff (Laptop,Router Apple Airport express) is in the dining room and the CXN and the rest of the hifi is in the lounge.

I guess in an ideal world I would have a wired connection, but we like in a 1930 house and I am loathe to drill through walls.

The wireless connection to the CXN was previously flakey - the CXN was showing a 30% signal strength typically.

However this has been dramatically improved by the simple addition of a range extender in the lounge which now gives me a 70% signal strength.

I can now wirelessly stream hires recordings through Asset with no dropouts - not the case before installing the extender.

Bottom line is the I am now very happy with all of the elements of my comms set up.

Last edited by Heathwood; 06-12-2019 at 03:22 AM.