title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PNG to JPG

PNG to JPG

Hi,

after conversion of a PNG with transpareny to JPG it delivers rubbish. Obviously the ImageConverter cannot handle transparency?

Is it possible to correct?

Best regards,
    Jochen

Administrator

Re: PNG to JPG

I just took a PNG image which had a transparency and converted to JPEG (no dsp effects) and the image came out correct (with a white background).

Perhaps there is something about that PNG image you have?

Hello,
    I think that the problem is that the PNG have some layer who avoid to be transparency. Also check the color palette that it has.

Try "Save to Web" in Photoshop. That should remove extra layers in the image.

Thanks

It still doesn't work:
    TUI013_BGA loeten, 07, BGA beheizen, Heissluft, geloetet-01.jpg

The black area was the transparent area and it should be white. The corresponding PNG was created by Adobe Illustrator CC.

TUI013_BGA loeten, 07, BGA beheizen, Heissluft, geloetet-01.jpg

This was the original PNG file.

Edit:
    Funny... obviously the website converted the PNG to JPG automatically at the second picture and this conversion worked correctly. One proof more that the dBpoweramp ImageConverter has a bug.

Edit 2:
    The conversion via Adobe Bridge works fine, too. But the sense of ImageConverter is the quick conversion "on-the-fly" in Windows Explorer.... so I hope you can find a solution. If you need the original PNG file, then let me know how to send.
    Last edited by Jochen; 01-15-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Administrator

You can email us the PNG? our email address is on the about link above.

Hi Spoon,

I sent des PNG a while ago but I haven't seen any reaction from your side. This issue is still open and it still converts a PNG to JPG with black background.

BR
    Jochen