title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple tag format after FLAC -> M4A/AAC conversion

Multiple tag format after FLAC -> M4A/AAC conversion

Hi,

This question applies to both Music Converter and TuneFUSION. I am converting FLAC files to M4A/AAC.

In some cases, the FLAC files have multiple Artist, Album Artist, and/or Composer tags. These are of course stored as multiple tag entries in the FLAC files. Once converted to M4A/AAC, I see that they are still stored as multiple tag entries. e.g.:

ARTIST Artist A
    ARTIST Artist B
    ARTIST Artist C

In the case of conversion to MP3 (which does not support multiple tag entries), the multiple entries are internally concatenated with a slash ('/') delimiter by both of the above apps.

My question is: is this the correct behavior when converting from FLAC to M4A/AAC files?

I'm asking because my music player (MediaMonkey) only imports the last tag (e.g., the last artist) from M4A/AAC files, whereas it imports all tags from FLAC files.

My 2nd question is whether this is controllable in Music Converter and TuneFUSION. That is, when converting to M4A/AAC, can I choose to have these apps reformat the multiple tag entries as they do when converting to MP3?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Administrator

Re: Multiple tag format after FLAC -> M4A/AAC conversion

Re: Multiple tag format after FLAC -> M4A/AAC conversion

Thanks. Yes, that works for MediaMonkey.