title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: accuraterip message: cannot check: track different length than cd original?

accuraterip message: cannot check: track different length than cd original?

I tend to get this message when I verify a conversion from FLAC to ALAC that come from a single FLAC file and have to use a CUE splitter to split into the multiple files and then convert to ALAC.

I have tried to different tools to split the file (cue splitter and mediaaudiohuman) both with same results.

I am assuming the length of some of the files is getting "micro-extended/shorted" causing the length mismatch against the accuraterip database. These single files did originate from an EAC verified sourced cd rip to begin with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Scott

Administrator

Re: accuraterip message: cannot check: track different length than cd original?

Yes, the tracks have to exactly match the track lengths on the CD, as CDs rip based on sectors, and each sector is 2,352 bytes, at 44.1KHz, 2 channel 16 bit, that is 2352 / 4 = 588 samples. If your track does not divide exactly by 588 samples then it is not matching the CD.

Re: accuraterip message: cannot check: track different length than cd original?

Hmmmm, I wonder if it is possible then to get an accuraterip verified off a single FLAC to multiple track conversions. I have not seen after about 20 or so occurrences. Interesting.