title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track order has gone alphabetical - help!!!

Track order has gone alphabetical - help!!!

I took delivery of a new streamer/DAC today and at some stage this evening the Asset software defaulted to alphabetical sorting of the tracks within an album. Normal order is defined by track number.

I have found nothing to twiddle with in "configure" - when in doubt I leave well alone.

- I am running Asset on a Mac
    - the control app is dCS Mosaic (this is quite new so the previous dCS app is still available and it manifests the same problem)
    - I have tried updating from 6.1 to 6.2 the problem remains
    - with a different (and less attractive) server software package the problem does not exist "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" starts with Funeral for a Friend as it should

How do I get the track order back?

Administrator

Re: Track order has gone alphabetical - help!!!

Asset gives out in the order which is correct, however the control point can resort. You could try putting the track number into the track listing (option is called [track ] - [title] for album tracks, check this option).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Asset gives out in the order which is correct, however the control point can resort. You could try putting the track number into the track listing (option is called [track ] - [title] for album tracks, check this option).
    The option is checked the songs are displayed in the streamer app in the normal album order but played in alphabetical order of title - very annoying.

This does not happen with the other (rather "rustic") upnp server software I installed last night.

I would rather not change software but I am used to hearing songs in the order they have on the original media!

Administrator

I do not know of any player which would display in one way, yet play in another order. Very strange.

And extremely annoying!
    I would rather not have to change software - I like Asset - but I need a solution

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by uncl_nigel View Post
    And extremely annoying!
    I would rather not have to change software - I like Asset - but I need a solution
    It seems it is not ASSET that is the issue, but your player. Does seem like an odd problem.