title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper 16.6 keeps freezing on Windows 7-64 bit PC

CD Ripper 16.6 keeps freezing on Windows 7-64 bit PC

I have just upgraded to CD Ripper 16.6 (64-bit). When I rip a CD, typically I find that the first track appears to rip successfully but then shows as having an error (red cross). The next four tracks appear to rip successfully but the process stalls in each case when the CPU Encoding reaches 99% (my CPU is a quad core) and then the 6th track just shows ‘Queued’ and the programme stops responding. The programme also does not respond to ‘Cancelling Rip’ and I have to close it altogether. This now seems to be happening with all the CDs I try to rip. Never had this problem with the previous version. Help please!

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper 16.6 keeps freezing on Windows 7-64 bit PC

Check the location you are ripping to exists and can be written, as a test set the location to the local C drive.

Thank you very much. I ripped a disc to the C drive and everything worked as it should. So I looked again at the location I was ripping to and found that the drive was full due to an over zealous backup regime. Once the redundant backups were removed everything worked as before!

hdd.jpg

Same problem, enought space on disk. Had no problem with 7 disks before on the eight it stoped at the lasts songs. Checked the disk and it was fine, tried other disk same problem. almost like it had been deactivated remotly. any ideas?

Administrator

The program freezes? whilst ripping?

I have had problems with the last track on a few discs not ripping successfully even though the disc plays to the end on my Hi-Fi CD player. I put it down to the DVD drive in my PC not having the capacity to access the last track on long CDs - 75+ minutes. I did not want to buy a new DVD drive so I'm doing without these few tracks! Can't help otherwise.