title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: setting the file name of a ripped track

setting the file name of a ripped track

I would like to put all the tracks from a multi-CD audiobook in one folder. To get them in the right order, I need to get the disk number into the file name. The "naming" button lets me set the Tag, but is there a way to specify what the file name will be based on things like artist, album, disk and track? As a work around, I found that I could use the comment field for the disk number and then use MP3tag to convert all the filenames, but it would be nice to do it while ripping.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: setting the file name of a ripped track

Quote Originally Posted by NapaBob View Post
    I would like to put all the tracks from a multi-CD audiobook in one folder. To get them in the right order, I need to get the disk number into the file name. The "naming" button lets me set the Tag, but is there a way to specify what the file name will be based on things like artist, album, disk and track? As a work around, I found that I could use the comment field for the disk number and then use MP3tag to convert all the filenames, but it would be nice to do it while ripping.
    The naming setting in the lower left of the ripper screen is where you setup how you want the files to be named and use of folders, etc. What do you have now as the dynamic naming string (copy and paste it here). And what do you want your name/folder organization to be. From that we can assist you getting that outcome.

edit: basically, the dynamic naming string will have this info somewhere in the naming string:
    [disc].[track] - [title]

Thank you! Here is what the naming setting is:
    [disc][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]
    (which is the default with DISC added)

With the disc loaded, the fields at the top include &*8220;Disc&*8221; which reads &*8220;4/10&*8221; and &*8220;Album&*8221; which reads &*8220;Connections in Death&*8221;. After ripping the first track, the resulting file name is:
    01 JD Robb - Track 1

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NapaBob View Post
    Thank you! Here is what the naming setting is:
    [disc][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title]
    (which is the default with DISC added)

With the disc loaded, the fields at the top include &*8220;Disc&*8221; which reads &*8220;4/10&*8221; and &*8220;Album&*8221; which reads &*8220;Connections in Death&*8221;. After ripping the first track, the resulting file name is:
    01 JD Robb - Track 1
    This is what you want I think. copy and paste into the naming section (be sure to delete any trailing spaces after the last [] after you paste this in).

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title] - [artist][]

Yes!! I can see where you need a masters degree in programming naming rules. Thanks very much.