title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion from flac to ios device

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertLouisiana
    • May 2019

Conversion from flac to ios device

What is the cleanest and most direct way of converting flac files and pushing to ios device. IOS DEVICES, such as iPadPro can now be had with 1TB storage, iPhone with 512GB. And also not using iTunes. I do it now, but not sure of most efficient way of doing it. Which converter and which final iOS codec?
    Last edited by RobertLouisiana; 05-22-2019, 10:51 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conversion from flac to ios device

If you install Foobar2000 mobile, this will play the flac files on the iPhone and iPad, you just need a method of getting the files on the ios device:

dBpoweramp Image Converter - PNG, Portable Network Graphics, Bitmap, GIF, JPEG, JPG, TIFF, Webp. Free Download (21 day full trial), start converting today
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
      • May 2019

I wasn't aware of foobar2000mobile. I could possibly download the App from the Apple Store (if they have it) to my iPad. Possibly then get a Usb to lightning cable from the external hdd to the iPad and see if the app will process these files, metadata, etc. into my iPad via foobar2000mobile to some predesignated location on the iPad. With some very unscientific testing of transmitting files wirelessly from my iPad to to my dac which is connected to my stereo, I'm beginning to believe that music sounds better and easier sounding and more pleasurable in general wirelessly than using the standard hard wired computer audio solution. Mechanical/electrical interfaces become irrelevant. it could be that the benefits of wireless transmission outweigh the bandwidth limitations.

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
        • May 2019

I can do this. you said I could get foobar2000mobile and play Flac files on the iPhone and iPad. So what is the method of getting the files on the iOS device? through tune fusion? how does that work. I'll buy whatever it takes, just as I always have.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Once you have installed TuneFusion, see:

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
            • May 2019

Originally posted by Spoon
            If you install Foobar2000 mobile, this will play the flac files on the iPhone and iPad, you just need a method of getting the files on the ios device:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm
            First I need to transfer these Flac files from an external hdd to a MacBook Pro using a dbpoweramp converter. which converter do I use to install on the Mac. I can then sync from the MacBook Pro to the iPad with a syncing cord. I've got the dbpoweramp software I think. I've bought it all. which do I use?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You can copy the flac files with Finder to the MacBook, no need to convert them. You would sync with TuneFUSION to foobar mobile.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
                • May 2019

I know this sounds idiotic, but both TuneFUSION and foobar mobile both go on the iPad, right?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

TuneFusion would install on your Windows computer, foobar mobile goes on the iPad.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
                    • May 2019

Wouldn't that mean that TF would have to be on MacBook to sync to foo mobile?

Comment

• RobertLouisiana
                      • May 2019

Wouldn't that mean that TF would have to be on MacBook to sync to foo mobile? sorry I put the first reply on the wrong reply line.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

It would, however TuneFUSION is not on the mac currently.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>