title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP R7

Administrator

Asset UPnP R7

The major change to this update is a redesign of the internal database, this enables Asset to work with unlimited numbers of contributing artists, or multiple genres per track (previously it was 5).

Install over the top of your existing Asset to maintain registration status (Windows).

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AssetUPnP-Windows.exe [Windows]

(other platforms to follow)

Changes:

Windows Vista is the minimum supported version (Updated our compiler to latest)
    New database design, unlimited multiple artists, genres, etc
    Album art if larger than 2000x2000 then scaled to 2000x2000 (for speed and compatibility)
    Added composer supplied in Didl
    uMediaLibrary: cleaned up picture handling (webp is now supported),
    better integrity of filenamehash stuff - save in mid scan so it resumes where it died last time
    Added Frequency to default browse tree
    For control points which use Search to do album listings, the track order is based on track number
    New option on by default 'Album defined by folder' this means an album is unique to its folder it resides in
    Added crash reporter
    Added support for 'Work', 'Movement Name' and 'Movement Number' (itunes classical tags), can browse by Work, and will replace title with Movement Name and Track number with Movement Number.
    New browse tree item: Additional\Composer / Work\Work
    Added new possible browse tree item 'Album By Release (INV)' for an inverted listing, newest releases first
    Updated DSF and DFF presentation to audio/dsd (which Sony require)
    Codecs support HTTPS streaming

Update to beta 4

uMediaLibrary: cleaned up picture handling (webp is now supported),
    better integrity of filenamehash stuff - save in mid scan so it resumes where it died last time
    Added Frequency to default browse tree
    For control points which use Search to do album listings, the track order is based on track number
    New option on by default 'Album defined by folder' this means an album is unique to its folder it resides in
    Added crash reporter
    Added support for 'Work', 'Movement Name' and 'Movement Number' (itunes classical tags), can browse by Work, and will replace title with Movement Name and Track number with Movement Number.
    New browse tree item: Additional\Composer / Work\Work
    Added new possible browse tree item 'Album By Release (INV)' for an inverted listing, newest releases first
    Updated DSF and DFF presentation to audio/dsd (which Sony require)
    Codecs support HTTPS streaming
    Last edited by Spoon; 08-14-2020 at 01:30 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP R7

Great to see unlimited multiples!

I've uninstalled R6 and then installed R7 in both XP and Windows 10 and found the following issues:

1. My test library has 432 tracks which R6 detects correctly but R7 reports 1756 tracks in XP. In Windows 10, R7 adds 432 tracks every time you force a rescan, i.e. one rescan gives back 864 tracks and five rescans gives back 2592 tracks.

2. Album art is absent in both XP and Windows 10

3. I'm not able to add custom tags - I configured Style in the tree and it's selectable in Asset Control, but no styles show up. I tried to add both style and style,TEXT at the bottom of the index file but neither worked.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Added composer supplied in Didl
    What is Didl?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Additional info:

Only FLAC in my test library.

I didn't try embedded art, only cover.jpg and folder.jpg.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I get album art ok with embedded art (FLACs).

Mick

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've tried with embedded art now - no luck.

Tried to uninstall R7 and installed R6.2 and album art comes back and track count is correct.

Then uninstalled R6.2 and installed R7 and album art is gone and track count is wrong.

Mick, which OS are you using?

Administrator

didl is the xml type language that UPnP results are passed from server to client.

I have confirmed the issue with refresh all adding the tracks x2, x3.

But I cannot reproduce the issue with folder.jpg, have a look in:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary

do a properties on the file ArtStorev7.bin, what size is it (you have to do properties not look at size in explorer as it might not be updated).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by kryten100 View Post
    I would try installing 7 over 6.2. Does that work for you?
    I've tried a) uninstalling 6.2 first and b) installing 7 on top of 6.2 - but the issues occur with both methods.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    do a properties on the file ArtStorev7.bin, what size is it (you have to do properties not look at size in explorer as it might not be updated).
    ArtStorev7.bin is empty - 0 byte in both properties and explorer.

When I uninstall R7 and go back to R6.2, ArtStorev7.bin is still there at 0 byte and ArtStorev5.bin is 17,5 MB.

Administrator

Can you zip up one folder containing a small album with the art, upload to dropbox and Personal Mail me the link please. Also at the same time zip up your uMediaLibrary and I will look look into the issue with style and R7, again on mine it seems to work.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

As I was preparing a zipfile for you, I went back to the test computer where I had installed R7 on a completely fresh XP install. I changed two or three of the general settings (not related to art) and then started Asset Control and suddenly 4 covers (out of 30) was shown. I checked ArtStorev7.bin and now it was suddenly 14 MB (sizewise that should contain most of my 30 albums).

Then went back to Asset Control and the 4 covers were gone... And ArtStorev7.bin was 0 byte again...

I don't know if my fiddling with the settings had anything to do with the momentary showing of 4 of the covers...

I don't think the issue is the FLAC files or the cover art since this is the test library I always use, but I'll send you an album tomorrow if further fiddling don't reveal anything.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I think I've found the issue with album art, it's related to the issue with track counting.

I made a clean install of XP, Asset R7 and Asset Control. Then I added only one album along with a cover.jpg. Asset correctly counted in 1 album and 12 tracks and the cover showed up in Asset Control. I closed and restarted Asset Control and Asset R7 and even the computer and all was still fine. Then I did a Refresh All and Asset incorrectly counted in 24 tracks - and the cover was missing in Asset Control.

So I had album art before I did Refresh All and the track count went wrong. Can you reproduce this?

Administrator

24th May - updated to Beta 2 - bug fix for not clearing database on Refresh All

This will possibly solve all reported issues.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Great, all 3 issues solved!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by vilsen View Post
    I've tried with embedded art now - no luck.

Tried to uninstall R7 and installed R6.2 and album art comes back and track count is correct.

Then uninstalled R6.2 and installed R7 and album art is gone and track count is wrong.

Mick, which OS are you using?
    I'm using WHS 2011... Sorry, I see everything's sorted now - this was my first visit to the forum in a few days and didn't see your post.