title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Delete "Memory" of Previous Rips?

Delete "Memory" of Previous Rips?

If I re-insert a CD in the drive, I get the results of the previous rip. How do I clear that information?

Re: Delete "Memory" of Previous Rips?

Thanks. That clears the tags text, but leaves the number of tracks and their size and duration. Also, the action only affects the current session. When I launch the program again the data returns. Must be stored in a file to survive a restart, no?

dBpoweramp Guru

Aside the fact that I don't get your point and the necessity to delete those data, the number of tracks and their duration comes from the CD's TOC (table of content). The size is derived from the duration.

The metadata - no matter if their source has been one of the databases or if you have typed them in by hand - are cached. As default dBpa will look for the metadata in that cache. If you disable to retrieve metadata from dBpa's cache, dBpa will always look for the metadata in the other configured metadata sources (like CD Text or the online databases).

Dat Ei

Thanks for the tip about the cache. I found a file in the AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp folder named CDRipperCache.bin which was dated and timed the last time I had changed anything in the app. I assumed THIS was the aforementioned cache, so I renamed it and fixed the problem. Thanks again!