title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip Status History No Longer Working

Rip Status History No Longer Working

Hi There I am a new user to dbpoweramp. Whenever I ripped a CD and then reinserted it at a later time to check I had some tags right, the CD rip status and tags were remembered as I had ripped it. But that has now stopeed working. Any idea how I can get that back? Thank you. I am ripping some 4000 CD collection using 4x Apple Superdrives with a MacBook Pro 2018.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Rip Status History No Longer Working

Last edited by Oggy; 05-06-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Thanks, I followed this: 'dBpoweramp does cache your tags for the disc, it will only last for 20 CDs, you can increase the cache size by CD Ripper >> Options button (green on toolbar) >> Active Providers >> Settings >> dBpoweramp Cache'

But... I can find no option for settings, just seems to be a check box to turn off and on. Is the Mac version different?

Thanks! I followed this 'dBpoweramp does cache your tags for the disc, it will only last for 20 CDs, you can increase the cache size by CD Ripper >> Options button (green on toolbar) >> Active Providers >> Settings >> dBpoweramp Cache'

But... Can find no Settings option, it appears to be just a check to select or de-select that option. Is it different for a mac?

dBpoweramp Guru

On Windows, it is one from the bottom, above Submit Changes to > freedb

The dBpoweramp Cache is second from the top, but that is not what you want. If the list is the same for iOS, you want Settings > dBpoweramp Cache
    Last edited by Oggy; 05-06-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Hi Oggy thanks for this but for iOS it seems this doesn't work. Cache is either on or off. I will look again when I'm home at the weekend but in the meantime any other thoughts will be gratefully received. Thanks!

Still no luck with this I'm afraid. Does anyone else have any ideas how I can get this working again? I am using a mac. IOS 10.13 The suggestions so far have not worked for me. Can you please treat me like an idiot and walk me through how I can get this functionality back? I appreciate any help! Many Thanks!

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug reports.

I presume that by "IOS" you are referring to Mac OS.

Issues related to retaining the metadata of previoiusly ripped CDs are being investigated and will be addressed in the next update of dBpoweramp for Mac.