title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: De-Dup-questons

De-Dup-questons

- In De-Dup. Is there a way to unhide hidden duplicate selectively and not only for all as it seems in the option menu?

- In de-dup, the audio player only works for some program starts. If not, I have to re-start and then the same files are playing. Known issue?

- In de-dup I have a 4-file-possible match. But if I want to hide them, they come back unhidden after every next start. Known issue? Now saw that this is not only for the tuple, but for a lot of 2, 3, 4-ones as well. The re-appear over and over again. After a unhide of all of the hiffen ones and a couple of restarts, now only the 4-file-match is still there. But it is.

- In de-dup. Isn't there an option, that the empty space, if I click on hide is auto-arranged afterwards? Same if I delete a duplicate and only one source is there afterwards? Or at least a button for doing that manually. Without that I'm currently re-starting the program over and over again.

Administrator

Re: De-Dup-questons

No, only all.

Perhaps something has locked the audio card for exclusive playback?

There is a possible issue where hidden duplicates can re-appear, this will be looked at for the next update.

You have to restart the program.

De-Dup Mass Delete Priorities?

Question: Does a written list exist of rules utilized in auto selecting dups for mass deletion?

Context=
    I've several external drives audio files to go (in the car, wile traveling etc) which over time have become a cluster-fork mess of conversions due to player requirements, failed drives (including my collection master). So now I've dumped the contents of all those drives into one drive to sift through.

Example: I've some of the same tracks in two formats:
    1-WAV files ripped from CD (assuming ripping software/hardware affects quality: App used M _ _ at 24/96 on an Apple external CD/DVD drive.
    2-FLAC files purchased online 16bit and 24bit / 44.1kH - 196kH

From my limited knowledge: FLAC compression level can vary. Am I correct thinking a FLAC can also be Uncompressed?

Withe the above details, which dup will be auto selected for deletion? Are bit/sample rate and/or compression factors in the selection?
    For note: In most cases, to me, the purchased FLAC files sound richer.

Thanks,
    J

Administrator

For lossless there is no order for the mass delete.

So the selection is completely random or can I expect some sort of consistency? FLAC deleted before WAV etc.

Administrator

It is based on scan order, so quite random.