title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to reorder naming convention on ripped albums?

How to reorder naming convention on ripped albums?

On my target disk I have a main directory named Music and sub-directories that are genre. The directory structure currently looks like:
    Music/genre/Artist/AlbumTitle/tracks, for example: Music/Classical/Carl Orff/Carmina Burana, and Music/Rock/Dire Straits/Sultans of Swing.

I would like to take the existing structure of what I have ripped, and reorganize it to be:
    Music/genre/AlbumTitle/Artist/tracks.

Can this be done with DbpowerAmp? (I don’t want to re-rip 200+ CDs) If so , how? Or another program?
    Thanks
    J

Administrator

Re: How to reorder naming convention on ripped albums?

Yes have a look at 'Arrange Audio' here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes have a look at 'Arrange Audio' here:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-utility.htm
    thank you. I downloaded and installed it. When I open up the dbpoweramp control center and check in the Audio Codecs, I see the codec listed.
    It was not clear that I had to open Batch Converter to take advantage of the features. In Batch Converter I selected List, and then Music Converter window appears and for Encoding, I selected [Arrange Audio].
    I tried a few experiments and some observations & questions:
    There is no 'Output To' capability - so I can't take the source directory and write the re-arranged structure to another directory? This means, i assume that the original directory contents are reshuffled. What happens to tag data that CD-ripper pulls off of the CD, when the structure is rearranged? (is it removed/deleted for ever?)

If I want to preserve all the tag information associate with a CD when I rearrange it, how do I know all the tag data that a CD has? While ripping, I noticed some CDs had a lot of tag data, some didn't.
    Thanks for your help
    J

Bump...

dBpoweramp Guru

The amount of tag data differs by CD, depending on what&*8217;s in the databases. You can right click on a file and select edit ID tag to see all the metadata.