title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Best Automated Ripper Hardware

Question Best Automated Ripper Hardware

Ok,
    So I have LOTS OF CDs in my collection.. I bought a Nimby and I love it, but I need a faster way to rip or this is going to take me YEARS to get
    thru all these cd's I am looking for a faster ripper, something with multi drives that is automated. Can someone tell me where I might get such as monster? Thanks in advance everyone!

Administrator

Re: Best Automated Ripper Hardware

You can use multiple nimbies, 4 on a single computer.

Odd I added a picture to my reply but the post never showed up.. Oh well Ill try again, sorry if it comes up 2x..

I found this unit on the internet, but it only copies cds and will not rip.. $5000+ and it can't rip.. that is very sad..

duplicator.JPG

Looking for something like this with 8 or 10 drives.. This unit can duplicate 1000 copies of 1 disc unattended. I think it's so expensive due to the fact that it is a whole computer with hard drive essentially. I just want the 10 drives in a tower with the auto loader.. I think I would pay $1000 for something like that. Anyone here have the skills to create a monster like that?

Administrator

I personally would not run more than 6 drives on a system, any single PC, the internal ASPI interface will start to stall.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
    Ok,
    So I have LOTS OF CDs in my collection.. I bought a Nimby and I love it, but I need a faster way to rip or this is going to take me YEARS to get
    thru all these cd's
    Years? I see a problem here. Let's assume that it does a disc in an average of 3 minutes. You are either very poky at reloading (Nimbie holds 100 discs, needs a reload every 5 hours), have a really slow performing setup, or have an absolutely record-breaking sized collection. At 10 discs per hour average (let's say you need to sleep and work sometimes and can't reload immediately) you could do around 87000 discs per year. How huge is your collection?