title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch CD ripping with Primera Composer XL but now can't auto-reject on metadata fail

Batch CD ripping with Primera Composer XL but now can't auto-reject on metadata fail

I was concerned that my homebrew automated CD ripping project was going to involve a lot of custom programming but after downloading and installing dbpoweramp trial reference, batch ripper, and primera driver, I am happy to report that dbpoweramp works pretty darn well with the Primera Composer XL robotic loader after minimal configuration when the source CD is commercially produced and the metadata is found.

Unfortunately, my collection includes a lot of CDs from indie artists where metadata is not found and the default configuration resulted in these CDs being dumped in the reject pile. So to facilitate manual entry of CD Text metadata with the batch ripper, I created a new config profile to allow metadata editing prior to ripping and this worked great for ripping through my pile of indie rejects, after which I unchecked the 'reject if metadata not found' checkbox. But now I can't seem to get dbpoweramp batch ripper from stopping for metadata verification after loading a CD whose metadata is found.

Exactly how/where can I reset the batch ripper configuration to the default state where ripping automatically proceeds when metadata is available and the CD is automatically rejected when metadata is not found?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Batch CD ripping with Primera Composer XL but now can't auto-reject on metadata f

I think I may have found the problem. In my 'autoreject' ID Tag profile I had checked the checkbox 'Manual input and review'.

Duh!

Re: Batch CD ripping with Primera Composer XL but now can't auto-reject on metadata f

Brigood, does the composer xl still work under windows 10 drivers etc? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Music View Post
    Brigood, does the composer xl still work under windows 10 drivers etc? Thanks.
    Hi Joe Music. I was advised and elected to install and run the composer from an older HP Pavillion zv6000 series laptop under Windows XP rather than any of our newer computers for two reasons: 1) the HP laptop had a firewire port for the composer; and 2) all of the composer software was designed to work with earlier Windows releases (98, 2000, ME, XP). So unfortunately I cannot answer your concerns about compatibility with Windows 10 drivers since this was the headache I was consciously trying to avoid. It does work fine with Windows XP on the older HP laptop. Best of luck with your project and please post back with your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by BriGood View Post
    So unfortunately I cannot answer your concerns about compatibility with Windows 10 drivers since this was the headache I was consciously trying to avoid. It does work fine with Windows XP on the older HP laptop.
    I am trying to find a Windows 10 USB solution and I am running into a brick wall every time. All it takes is money ( I'm looking at you Nimbie! ), but I am trying to find a cheaper solution but the interfaces are not usb or the drivers are xp only so my laptop is not being helpful either. I have now read that firewire to usb is not trouble free so that is yet another brick wall. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Music View Post
    I am trying to find a Windows 10 USB solution and I am running into a brick wall every time. All it takes is money ( I'm looking at you Nimbie! ), but I am trying to find a cheaper solution but the interfaces are not usb or the drivers are xp only so my laptop is not being helpful either. I have now read that firewire to usb is not trouble free so that is yet another brick wall. :-(
    You might try asking Spoon about Windows 10 composer compatibility. He was the one who advised me to use Windows XP and the older laptop with a firewire port.