title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to re-rip one (damaged) track?

How to re-rip one (damaged) track?

I ripped a audio CD in which one track shows up as Rip Status: Error and that track is not on the disk directory (the other 12 tracks are listed).

My question is: Is it possible to select the track that is in Error and re-rip it (at some lower setting) in order to have the track appear in my ripped disk directory - and still preserve all the other tracks that are on the disk)? If this can be done, what settings should I change to have it ripped?)

The track plays perfectly fine on my PC CD player and my Yamaha audiophile CD turntable. I'd really like to rip this audio track even if it is in some 'degraded' form.
    Thanks for your help
    J

Administrator

Re: How to re-rip one (damaged) track?

An error is likely the track is so damaged the cd drive cannot read the track. Try ripping it as Burst mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    An error is likely the track is so damaged the cd drive cannot read the track. Try ripping it as Burst mode.
    Thank you. Should I rip then entire CD in burst mode? or is there a way to rip this tract and leave the other tracks as is (from the previous ripping?

dBpoweramp Guru

You can rip a single track or a subset of tracks. Just right click on the selected track(s).

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

I'd suggest first cleaning the CD carefully and reripping the one track in secure mode, to see if it will then rip securely. If it still fails, then rip that one track in "burst" mode and listen to the ripped file to see if it is acceptable.

If you are going to be doing a lot of ripping, you could consider purchasing several different models of DVD drives (The full height "internal" ones seem to work much better than the thin "external" or laptop ones in my experience.) Most of us who have been doing this have discovered that tracks that fail in one drive often rip flawlessly in another make drive. If you get them from a computer store (Micro Center, or online, or similar) they are pretty inexpensive, like $15 or less each.